Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

'99 Integra GSR keyless entry problems

Old 03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
adhuot01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Integra GSR keyless entry problems

I bought my GSR brand new in '99 w/ keyless entry. around 2004 the keyless entry stopped working. I just let it go for a while but after replacing the car battery, every time I start the car, the parking lights flash (three intervals of about 20 seconds, 60 seconds total) and then stop flashing, while they are flashing I can hear a relay clicking. I think I need to program the keyless entry. If this is the solution, how do I do it. The system is Auto-mate model 3, which the dealership installed before I bought the car. The remot light illuminates when pressed, but nothing happens, the batteries are good.

Last edited by adhuot01; 03-31-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: specifications
Old 03-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Tedmond

the unit is in valet mode. The only way to get the manual is to ask any1 that deals for DEI (Directed Electronics Industries). i no longer have access to the site.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
adhuot01

I'm not sure whether I can call my keyless entry factory; I bought the 99 gsr brand new and had Acura install the unit before I picked up the car, so you would think the unit would be factory, but I looked behind the instrument panel and was able to pull the unit out and see that it was labled Auto-mate, which is an aftermarket unit. Can I follow the factory programming procedure? Is this what Acura was putting in all '99 Integras back in '99 for those who requested keyless entry as an option.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Tedmond

automate for sure is an aftermarket unit. check this: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=692