Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2002 Honda Accord SE Alarm problem

Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 AM
xxxxxxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Honda Accord SE Alarm problem

Hi,

Over the weekend my factory alarm stopped working...All my doors, trunk, and hood are closed when I try to set the alarm. The remote still locks/unlocks the doors (lights flash twice when I unlock) and trunk... the panic function still works as well...the problem is when I lock the door manually or with the remote the horn does not beep (to let you know the alarm is on) and the flashing red LED on the drivers door does not flash...Also I left the window down and I locked the car with the remote and reached in and unlocked the door...the alarm did not trigger. Should I call the dealer or is this something that I (semi technical person) can debug.

Thanks in advance,
C

Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 02-21-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Tedmond

are we talking FACTORY alarm or aftermarket?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:57 AM
xxxxxxxx

Hi,

Factory alarm...came with the car when I bought it new from the dealer.

BTW, do you know if the 2002 Honda Accord has a hood switch and a trunk switch?

Thanks for the reply.
C

Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 02-20-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:49 AM
H20man

Same car, same problem. I am researching this as I type.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:50 AM
xxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by H20man
Same car, same problem. I am researching this as I type.
My problem turned out to be the hood pin switch...it's located right in the hood latch...mine was covered with grease, dirt etc...I basically sprayed a lot of WD40 to clean it and then used my compressor to blow away all the freed up dirt...the switch is actually bluish in color...if you can, use a small scewdriver and gently clean the metal contact strip...it's kind of hard to see...but its there.

Let me know how you make out.

Good luck.

C
Old 03-30-2008, 06:54 PM
H20man

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxx
My problem turned out to be the hood pin switch...it's located right in the hood latch...mine was covered with grease, dirt etc...I basically sprayed a lot of WD40 to clean it and then used my compressor to blow away all the freed up dirt...the switch is actually bluish in color...if you can, use a small scewdriver and gently clean the metal contact strip...it's kind of hard to see...but its there.

Let me know how you make out.

Good luck.

C
Just reviewed this reply, walked out into my garage and found the little blue switch then blasted it with carb cleaner. Right on the money, it worked! Thanks.