Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

what is a descent 4-channel amplifier that doesnt cost alot?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:17 AM
MeanGreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is a descent 4-channel amplifier that doesnt cost alot?

a while ago i was considering a blaupunkt 4 channel because they can be had for around or under $100, and they can be bridged like a 3 channel amp - 2 for the front stage , 1 - for my 8" sub. (im just not so sure about how good that or any brand is at the moment).

so that is what im after. that configuration 3 channel for around $100, i just want a somewhat decent performer, nothing super expensive.

i dont need lot of power either.

what are some of the less expensive reliable amps out there?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Tedmond

blaupunkt is a reliable amp and very well known. cheap amps are hard to come by when you are looking for name. if you went it an unbranded or ma audio, visionik etc, they are alot cheaper and perform well, for a fraction of the price.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:52 AM
PHAT97EX

I've had my Profile California amp for 9 years and still going strong. I bought another because they are reliable, have plenty of power for the $, and come with a 3 year warranty which is better than most higher dollar amps. Crutchfield sells them, but I got mine from Etronics for about $30 cheaper. Hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 AM
forzabianconeri

Profile and Blau are good choices for a budget amp. You can find some old stock of older lanzar 4 channels if you really look, they are ok as well. Real small too.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 AM
MeanGreen

i finally ended up ordering an eclipse 4 channel amp. it was on sale. havent gotten it yet, but im about to rewire my amp power cables for its arrival.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Diabolicskull

Check it out, im selling my four channel amp, with my mono amp and a type r to go with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=tab%3DSelling
Old 02-24-2008, 10:53 AM
MeanGreen

got the eclipse 4channel installed. it pushes my fronts high passed and my single 8" RF Punch woofer low-passed mono style. sounds much better than having just a bridged amp pushin the sub only.

my sub box sits right behind my spare tire in the spare tire well, flush with the floor cover. everything is running but i still need to cover the box and the amp mounting board, as well as cut the old masonite piece so the woofer peeks through. havent gotten around to it yet...
Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM
streeterfighter

i bought a lanzar p.o.s., off of ebay. You definately get what you pay for, but try buying used, especially if you know the person who you buy it off of.