Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

mounting location for motion sensor

Old 03-07-2008, 01:02 PM
streeterfighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting location for motion sensor

Odd question, but i have never installed one before. I have dei 508d, dual zone motion sensor, and i am installing it into a 2000 honda civic coupe. As far as mounting locations are concerned does anybody have any experience with good locations. I was thinking underneath of the center consol, near where the tip of the e-brake would hit. Any ideas or other locations would be much appreciated. Thanks-Streeter
Old 03-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Tedmond

i place prox sensors high up on the dash on a flat area. The older 508d would have problems being close to metal, but the new ones are very good. place it around the radio area if you can. if not you can rip open the headliner and place it there as well. I have done this many times and never had a problem.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 PM
streeterfighter

thanks, i like the idea of putting it under the headliner. I put it under the center consol and it works pretty good, but it is directly on metal, do you think it might work better if place with a "buffer" inbetween the unit, and the metal?
Old 03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Tedmond

wont make a differance now since they fixed those problems and improved it for the new version.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
b00gers

I have seen them under the e-brake handle. So its actually hidden under the plastic panel. It seems to work well. On some settings, itll emit a warning if someone presses their face into the window, like trying to look through dark tint. On the higher settings, itll give a warning to people slowing slowly by the car. <-- gets annoying.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:31 PM
streeterfighter

yeah, it was a pain tuning it to the correct distances. But now it will hopefully make someone think twice about breaking in.