Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Satellite Radio Question about wiring to CD Player

Old 08-21-2006, 06:09 PM
carrwash13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio Question about wiring to CD Player

So I installed sirius satellite radio in my car. Its the Sirius Visor unit that you just stick somewhere on your dash and looks like a radar detector. Right now its sending the satellite signal to a radio station that I choose and playing it through my radio. Problem is it results in a crappy audio quality. Does anyone know what I would need to do to wire it to my pioneer cd player so it won't have to go through a radio station? I called a car audio place and they said they could do it for like $80 total but wouldn't tell me how. I can see an input that says "audio" on the satellite unit which I can only assume is an audio out. Anyone know?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

What model Pioneer HU do you have?? What you can do is pick up the FM Direct Adapter from XM, it works fine with all the Sirius units except the S50. Pull your radio out and follow the instructions, it's cake. That's what a shop would most likely do.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:20 PM
carrwash13

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
What model Pioneer HU do you have?? What you can do is pick up the FM Direct Adapter from XM, it works fine with all the Sirius units except the S50. Pull your radio out and follow the instructions, it's cake. That's what a shop would most likely do.
I have like a pioneer 6300 or something like that I believe
Old 08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

if its got a ipbus plug on the back of teh radio, go to any local best buy or circuit city an pick up a ipbus to rca converter and then use a y adp to the visor, ull prob spend maybe 30 bucks at most
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 PM
carrwash13

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
What you can do is pick up the FM Direct Adapter from XM, it works fine with all the Sirius units except the S50.
Looked on sirius's website and looks like they got a direct adapter too.......$24 shipped so I bought it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Old 09-10-2006, 08:04 PM
coreycooper

if your HU has an AUX input you can use an RCA y adapter and just plug into the headfone Jack on the sat radio, or the peice i believe the other guy is talking about is basicly a peict that goes inbetween the stock antenna and the headunit which forces a signal to the headunit instead if sending it wirelessly. there an easy install all they take is a power and ground