Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

ssss sound from tweeters

Old 09-17-2002, 06:53 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rcurley55
where are the tweeters mounted? How are they wired? What are you using to power it?
they are in the dash at where the windshield is. im running a 2ch amp to them.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:54 PM
steveng

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic
maybe you can take a pic of it or give me a model number and ill look it up online
it's easier to give you a model number for now. infinity kappa 60.5cs, 2002 model. thanx Bass, for your help
Old 09-17-2002, 08:06 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Yeah I spent like 15mins looking for that jumper on my Kappas. I've come to the conclusion that the person who wrote the manual was smoking crack

The hissing sound might be interference getting into the signal. Do you still hear the signal when the engine is off?
Old 09-17-2002, 08:15 PM
steveng

Originally posted by Cashis EG8
Yeah I spent like 15mins looking for that jumper on my Kappas. I've come to the conclusion that the person who wrote the manual was smoking crack

The hissing sound might be interference getting into the signal. Do you still hear the signal when the engine is off?
what signal? im thinking can this be a problem of using old wires? i use the wires that came with the tweeters instead of 16 gauge. any thought?
Old 09-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Bass Mechanic

Originally posted by steveng

what signal? im thinking can this be a problem of using old wires? i use the wires that came with the tweeters instead of 16 gauge. any thought?
dont know if this will help but here is a copy of the owners manuel. they talk about some switch in the crossover.
http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Ow...OM%20FINAL.pdf
Old 09-17-2002, 08:57 PM
steveng

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic

dont know if this will help but here is a copy of the owners manuel. they talk about some switch in the crossover.
http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Ow...OM%20FINAL.pdf
everything is sealed inside the crossover. maybe like you said, i have to remove the seal to move a jumper. but logically, how would it be sealed if it meant to be adjustable?
Old 09-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Bass Mechanic

Originally posted by steveng

everything is sealed inside the crossover. maybe like you said, i have to remove the seal to move a jumper. but logically, how would it be sealed if it meant to be adjustable?
maybe they come apart i dont think i have ever seen one that was not made to be taken apart, either to mount it by screwing the base to somthing then snapping the cover on it or for the fact you need to be able to get to the adjustment
Old 09-18-2002, 04:20 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Are you sure it's not bad signals coming from a head unit? something in the settings of the gain or pre out is off IMO
Old 09-18-2002, 02:31 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Originally posted by igo4bmx
Are you sure it's not bad signals coming from a head unit? something in the settings of the gain or pre out is off IMO
Yeah, try re-grounding your head unit with a small fuse directly to the negative terminal on the battery and make sure the speaker wires aren't running in parallel with any power wires, just to start.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:50 PM
steveng

Originally posted by Cashis EG8

Yeah, try re-grounding your head unit with a small fuse directly to the negative terminal on the battery and make sure the speaker wires aren't running in parallel with any power wires, just to start.
it will be a pain in the ass to do those things or even to check speaker wires. Cashis, don't you have the same speakers as mine? and do you have this problem?

Quick Reply: ssss sound from tweeters