Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

amp/subs/cdplayer install

Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 PM
hondaken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp/subs/cdplayer install

tryin to get my subs connected into my box, to the amp, and to the cd player in the front of the car. I have a honda civic 2002 anybody got any suggestions. please help!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:06 PM
b00gers

Ask a more specific question. Installing those things arent too difficult.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:11 PM
hondaken

ok, i got some legacy subs, a box, buying the wiring tomorow, got a sony xplod amp, and a boss cd player, this isthe first time ive wired anything like this in my car, and i want to find out how to get all the stuff connected together and working right. i will probbaly have some help, but i want to find out for myself so i know what the hell im doing
Old 03-24-2005, 01:49 AM
azianstylez

basically, fit ur subs in ur box, run wire from back to amp, amp wires to ur deck (there should be three), amp power line to positive node on ur battery. Ground wire to the trunk. Might wanna take out back seat to do it, also u gotta take off the plastic guards on the sides so u can run the line. Find a suitable hole to run ur amp power line to the engine bay, should be near ur fuse box, a lil further up! DO NOT DRILL! g'luck!!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:10 AM
hondaken

so pretty much the car battery powers the amp and the amp will power the subs rit? im just trying to get all of this figured out
Old 03-24-2005, 09:30 AM
b00gers

Start off my laying the wires.

• Power-wire
o This wire goes from the battery, through the firewall, through the inside, into the trunk.
o Take one end of the wire and run it through the firewall from the engine bay.
o Pull up your carpet and run it to the trunk.
o Within 18” of the battery, FUSE IT with an inline fuse.
• Ground wire
o Ground the amp with a SHORT ground wire cable
o Find a good ground spot in the trunk. Make sure the contracts on the chassis is NOT painted. You want bare metal.
• RCA and Remote turn on
o These sets of wires go from the back of the deck to the trunk.
o Run it from behind the deck, under the carpet, into the trunk.
o Make sure to get a decent set of RCA wires, you don’t want any interference.
• Speaker wire
o You will have 2 sets. One goes from the amp to the sub box, the other goes from the inside of the sub box to the sub.
o + goes with +, - goes with -. Pretty simple. Use at least a 12-14g for the wires.

I think that is a basic run-through. Hope I didn’t miss anything.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:31 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by hondaken
so pretty much the car battery powers the amp and the amp will power the subs rit? im just trying to get all of this figured out

Car battery powers the amp, the amp "powers" the subs.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
hondaken

cool, i think that i understand that much, my only other question is am i going to have to solder anything and the subs look like they need speaker wire coming from two parts of the sub and then to the inside of the box, so there will be 4 wires coming from the subs to two wires from the box, is that right?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:23 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by hondaken
cool, i think that i understand that much, my only other question is am i going to have to solder anything and the subs look like they need speaker wire coming from two parts of the sub and then to the inside of the box, so there will be 4 wires coming from the subs to two wires from the box, is that right?

No, not necessarily. It would be easier if you listed the model of the sub and amp. That subwoofer could be a DVC sub which means that there are 2 different voice coils that needs to be wired up. And knowing how to wire those two voice coils together depend on the amp. So do that first.

If you know how to solder, that is a plus, but it is not needed. The wires that I would consider soldering are the wires in the wire harness for the deck.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.