Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

tv screen mounting

Old 09-16-2002, 09:12 PM
Sham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic of a 6.8" LCD screen mounted in the double DIN area of my 94 Accord. I tossed the cig ash tray, but moved the lighter socket so I could use it for the power inverter.

It was a very trickey install, but once I was done, I was happy. BTW, there's a piece of smoked plexiglass in front of the monitor, to give that OEM look.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:02 AM
plkalra

is there ever a problem with the way the screen is angled? is the picture clear at any veritcal angle?
Old 09-17-2002, 06:51 AM
Sham

You have to have the screen so you're facing straight on. There's a little bit of room for how it's angled, but you can't see the screen at really extreme angles. I myself don't have problems with mine. Its perfect. I can stand outside the car (the passanger door), and look in, and it still looks fine.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:09 AM
raultsu

The cool thing about minr is that it not only swivels up and down but it also goes side to side. so that if my passenger wants to play the PS2 they can angle the screen towards them to get a better picture
Old 09-17-2002, 02:13 PM
Sham

raultsu, that is a cool feature. I just bought a plain LCD screen off eBay for $200, and did the rest of the install myself. The whole thing cost about $300. But an input source (video games, DVD, VCR, or whatever) is still needed. I had my N64, so thats what I use. Great at lunch time, passes the time quickly.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:06 AM
mobius

ACTUALLY, CHECK OUT THE NEW LINE OF PANASONIC IN DASH DVD PLAYERS....DVD, MP3 AND TV TUNER INCLUDED, I THINK THE # IS CQ-VAD7200DVD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THERE IS A 9200 THAT COMES WITH A CENTER CHANNEL AND BUILT IN AMP FOR THAT CC.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:09 AM
mobius

ALSO THE TV HAS A FORWARD/BACKWARD TILT AS WELL AS LEFT/RIGHT TILT.

PERSONALLY, I JUST ORDERED THE PIONEER NAV-SYS900DVD, WHICH COMES WITH THE AVH-P6400CD TV AND THE AVIC-90DVD WHICH IS A NAVIGATION FUNCTION THRU DVD DISCS. FOR THE PRICE, YOU GET EVERYTHING YOU WILL EVER NEED IN DASH EXEPT MP3 PLAYBACK, BUT YOU CAN ADD THAT LATER WITH A CHANGER.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:56 PM
allbutjdm

Originally posted by Sham
Here's a pic of a 6.8" LCD screen mounted in the double DIN area of my 94 Accord. I tossed the cig ash tray, but moved the lighter socket so I could use it for the power inverter.

It was a very trickey install, but once I was done, I was happy. BTW, there's a piece of smoked plexiglass in front of the monitor, to give that OEM look.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:56 PM
allbutjdm

Originally posted by Sham

can u display a pic of this install again, it wont come up on my screen.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Mr.Badguy

Hey Ive got a sort of similar question...
I drive a 93 prelude auto. I know I wont be able to do an in-dash motorized screen because the dins are inset about half an inch so the screen would always be cocked at an angle instead of straight enough to see. plus my shifter gets in the way so the screen wouldnt even be able to get out unless my car was in drive. And then I thought I might get a large flip down, but they dont have anything like I want. all the flip down mounting brackets are the same size as or bigger than the screen itself (shaped like an upside down laptop computer). If I could find one where the only other thing than the screen was just a little swivel bracket that would be great. And then I thought about getting visor screens. So does any body know where I could get/ how I could make some visor screens (7" or larger if possible). Thanks.