Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

tv screen mounting

Old 08-25-2002, 05:14 AM
raultsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tv screen mounting

has anyone mounted an in dash flip out screen and a HU in their car. Here is what im planing: take my HU and place it in the empty spot below it (the pocket) and place the screen right above it (were the HU used to be). can this be done? if so what do i need to get this 2 work? i have a 97 accord. thanks
Old 08-26-2002, 12:09 PM
McIntosh'd UA5
got VIP?

if you aren't a smoker, why don't you toss the ashtray and lighter so you can install the radio there and then install a flat monitor into the double din radio area? it's really trick and there is less worry about motorization that can fail (but it does make your can more conspicuous and requires more labor). all you really need is a headunit that can accept audio input (better if direct or via fm modulator) and whatever video sources you want.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:27 PM
LjN_728

The 97 accord has the double din? Can't u just place the HU on the bottom and the lcd screen on top? I mean u won't be able to use the a/c buttons when the screen's up but it's all good!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:30 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by LjN_728
The 97 accord has the double din? Can't u just place the HU on the bottom and the lcd screen on top? I mean u won't be able to use the a/c buttons when the screen's up but it's all good!
thats what he said buddy.
as far an answer..it should be easy... as long as there is a way to mount the HU in the lower cavity.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:26 PM
2fastcivic

Originally posted by McIntosh'd UA5
if you aren't a smoker, why don't you toss the ashtray and lighter so you can install the radio there and then install a flat monitor into the double din radio area? it's really trick and there is less worry about motorization that can fail (but it does make your can more conspicuous and requires more labor). all you really need is a headunit that can accept audio input (better if direct or via fm modulator) and whatever video sources you want.
wat do you think will be needed to do this? like monitor, HU, etc. help me out if you can. i dotn really know anything about TV's in cars.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:53 PM
plkalra

I agree..that cutting out the ashtray and putting the HU there would be the best. You will need
HeaduNit (One that has an aux port right?)

LCD Monitor, in an accord, range of size to use is 5.6-6.8in. the screen area in the HU area is 7 1/2 inches and 4 1/2. It will be hard to find an LCD which is 7" to mount in. i actually did find out..Farenheit....goes for $300 on ebay (contact me about it if u want one)

You'll also need a DVD player, Xbox, PS2, etc to actually see something. There are some Headunits with built in DVD players (Panasonic CQ-DVR909u). I got that, it's easier, less to deal with.

You'll need to mount brackets for the HU where the ashtray area is, cut out the cig lighther, and relocate it. You can mount the LCD to a black plexi glass and then mount it to your dash.

I haven't done this yet, but will be doing it soon....

plus some of this stuff may not be right..so don't quote me..
Old 09-07-2002, 05:50 AM
raultsu

i got it put in over the weekend. i did not need to cut anything out!! the ps2 got hardwired into my car. well actually the power inverter was hard wired not the ps2. it looks tight as hell.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:52 AM
raultsu

oh yeah and its a 7" monitor. thanks for all the replies!!
Old 09-07-2002, 08:33 AM
plkalra

can you post some pics.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:29 AM
raultsu

heres a link to a pic of the screen

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291382857

Quick Reply: tv screen mounting