Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Cargo light wiring question...

Old 03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Spood
Sucka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo light wiring question...

I posted this in the 92+ Civic forum also, and I know this is not Audio/Security related, but I thought someone here might have an idea from whatever electronic work they've done.

My CX hatchback did not come stock with a cargo light in the back. I got a light from a friend and went to install it, and there's no wiring there! hnoes: So, the question is, what is the nearest constant 12v line that I can tap into? I don't care about it coming on when I open the hatch...I can just use the switch on the light. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:54 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there most likely is no constant 12 volt source back there... you'll need to run a power wire from maybe the dome light, or under the dash.

If your car has a small idiot light when the hatch is open, you can wire the light to come on with the hatch opening... the switch on the latch sends a ground to that idiot light... so power the light from elsewhere, and wire the ground to the switch in the latch.