Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

wiring trunk light

Old 09-02-2003, 08:48 PM
strychnine
i am legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring trunk light

i have a 93 civic dx 4d. apparently im blind or i dont have a trunk light. if in fact i dont have one should the wiring be there for one? or will i have to find the best place to put in a switch or something?
Old 09-02-2003, 10:44 PM
r2k2d2

i dont know if a 93 civic dx has a light, is supposed to have one, or if it will have wiring for one if it doesnt. but, all you have to do is splice into a 12v power supply somewhere in the car and wire a little on/off toggle switch from radio shack. its not that difficult to do. you can put that switch in the front, in the trunk or even both if you wanted to.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:53 PM
strychnine
i am legend

should it already have some kind of trigger wired or will i have to get one from another civic? and if i do put a toggle on it what would be the closest wire to tap into? without having to worry about the lights being on or the car running.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:30 AM
toyman99

Take off your existing domelight.

There will be 3 wires

power
ground
and a wire that shows ground when the doors is open

Tap the power
Tap the ground when doors is open

run to back

Wire to a new light (get it at an auto store) or buy a neon tube or something,whatever rock your boat. This way, when you open the front doors, it will light up/

If you want to wire the back to light up, you need to install a pinswitch to tell it to turn on when you hatch is open.