Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Stock deck not 1 DIN?

Old 03-16-2004, 10:05 AM
prdufresne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock deck not 1 DIN?

I took some quick measurements of the stock deck in my '04 Odyssey and it appears to be a bit larger than 1 DIN. Is this because of an overlapping face plate or is it in fact larger? I can seem to find a vehicle specific mounting adapter which leads me to believe that it is 1 DIN.

My concern is that it doesn't leave enough space below the deck to mount an aftermarket DVD player. The overall size of the opening appears to be 2-DIN.

Can anyone confirm this, or am I measuring things wrong. I haven't mounted an in-dash deck in over a decade, so I'm a little rusty on the proportions but I thought 1 DIN was 2"H by 7"W. I'm measuring the face of the deck at almost 2.5"H by 7.5"W.

ThanX
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

the face of Honda decks is slightly larger than a single DIN face... but is ROUGHLY the size of an aftermarket DIN headunit WITH the trim ring. An aftermarket DVD player can be fit below the stock radio, you'll just have to trim the trim ring for the new player, or make a custom one.

For the Odyssey, there is a lower dash/console piece that has a DIN opening, it is used in the Odyssey when the optional DVD system was installed. Just so you know, in case you want to "conceal" the dvd player more, as its much harder to see down there.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
the face of Honda decks is slightly larger than a single DIN face... but is ROUGHLY the size of an aftermarket DIN headunit WITH the trim ring. An aftermarket DVD player can be fit below the stock radio, you'll just have to trim the trim ring for the new player, or make a custom one.

For the Odyssey, there is a lower dash/console piece that has a DIN opening, it is used in the Odyssey when the optional DVD system was installed. Just so you know, in case you want to "conceal" the dvd player more, as its much harder to see down there.
Good info!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-19-2004, 06:02 AM
prdufresne

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94

Great ThanX. The DVD player I'm looking at can be mounted with and without a trim ring, so I might be okay. As for the lower slot, on my van, that's where the cup holders are, and I'd rather not remove them. The only debate remaining for me is whether or not to remove the stock deck to make room for an in-dash screen.

ThanX