Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

System problems .

Old 03-11-2004, 08:17 PM
honura
Seni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System problems .

Ok here we go ... I have a 92 sedan Pioneers in the doors , Jl audios in the rear deck . for those speakers I have a alpine V12 or an Old HK amp " only reason I posted both is because I removed the alpine to see if that was the problem " I have a Jl Audio W7 12" , and an old tagra amp powering that up 600w . I have a pioneer 7500 headunit rear , front , sub outputs . I have all 3 RCA jack sets running on the pass side of the car . The main power wire and remote wire through the drivers side . both amps have there own ground spot . They where both hooked up to the same spot but I gave them there owen thinking it would help . Now I have 3 problems One is that when I power up the system the speakers pop on and off for about 15-20 secs . Other I get that rpm sound on the speakers , and I also have a problem that the targa amp if I set the main level up to almost all the the way the subs jumps up and down . and also if I do it to the bass level on the amp it will do the same . Please help ! all wires are brand new everything seems to be hooked up right . Ohh yeah and everytime I hit the ATT button or change the stations on the radio it makes the speakers jump up and down "pop" "pop" . Sub is new , radio is new , speakers are new and alpine is new . Thanks guys !
Old 03-12-2004, 01:56 PM
strychnine
i am legend

first things first, try using one amp at a time, see if one is worse than the other. Do you have a distribution block or are you running both amps off one wire or what? Also what gauge wire are you running?
Old 03-12-2004, 02:22 PM
honura
Seni

Yes distro block for the + and it's a 4gag wire . And one amp at a time does not help .
Old 03-12-2004, 07:24 PM
strychnine
i am legend

im no expert but it seems like a grounding problem to me. they all need to be grounded in the same place with the shortest thickest wire possible. what are they grounded to? what kind of rca's do you have? check your alternator and battery grounds, make sure they're all clean and tight. just throwing out ideas, hope you work it out.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Endurance
SHIFT_automatically

Are you having the bass/treble levels too high? Does it do it when you change station on the volume is on low..?
Old 03-13-2004, 02:08 PM
honura
Seni

Originally Posted by Endurance
Are you having the bass/treble levels too high? Does it do it when you change station on the volume is on low..?

yes but all my levels are now
Old 03-14-2004, 11:07 AM
KuttinEdge

i had a similar problem. your wiring is probably fine to the amp. CHECK THE HEADUNIT WIRING. Sometimes things get loose especially when you install all new wiring. that popping sound is kind of like a spike (sort of like when you pull a ground wire off of the chasis and then touch it again).
Old 03-14-2004, 03:18 PM
honura
Seni

Yeah it's the samething . Even if the amps are not hooked up the radio will still do it . Im gonna rewire the Headunit again just in case .