Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting
View Poll Results: What would be the best tweeter location?
Lower door panel, above the midbass on the flat surface
0%
in the sail panel
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Where should I mount my tweeters?

Old 02-14-2004, 06:36 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where should I mount my tweeters?

I'm installing my components today, im torn between two locations to mount the tweeter, take a look at the pics and tell me where you think I should mount them. Here's what I think:

Lower door panel, above the mid-I am leaning towards putting them there that way they'll be more out of sight. I don't want my black tweeter sticking out like a sore thumb on my grey door panel. I'm trying not to attract attention. I got in my car and sat down, my legs won't block the sound coming from the tweet if mounted there. As far as imaging, I don't know what would be better. If mounted here, will be covered w/grey speaker grill cloth.

sail panel-the tweet would blend in, no need to cover w/speaker grill cloth. Seems that the highs would be a little more dominating up here cause it's closer to drivers/passengers ears, but isn't it better if the tweet is kept to within foot to foot and a half of the mid? While the highs would probably be a bit more noticeable up here, I think imaging would suffer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
lowerdoorpanel.jpg (441.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg
sailpanel.jpg (400.1 KB, 56 views)
Old 02-14-2004, 01:57 PM
BrownGuy

I'd install them in the sail panel... you'd get the most out the tweeters at that location because it's almost at ear level.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:09 PM
97teg

I say just velcor or somethign and experiment with the different location. You might find a different one that sounds even better. Im sure different sets of speakers will behave differently in the given locations.

That being said with my alpine set I have had my tweeters in different locations and ended up with them up on the dash for a few reasons. 1. So it wouldn't be as effected with stuff/ people in the passenger seat and 2. to bring the soundstage up. The tweeters were kinda bright so i had to compensate. Imaging did suffer a bit but not too bad. Every locations seem to have their own trade offs. I would just try different places and decide where you like them the best. Aiming of the tweeter will also have a significant impact on the sound. That has jsut been my experience.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:55 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Well, after all was said and done, I had to put em in the upper door panel. I couldn't put em in the lower panel cause it wouldn't fit, it would have hung over the edge a little bit, and the sail panel wasn't an option unless I had them fabricate something cause there was no clearance at all behind them thanks to my power mirrors. I was kinda bummed, but after hearing the crisp new sounds my system now has, it's all good.