Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

noise in subs

Old 07-23-2002, 06:44 PM
smokedogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LjN_728

But yea...I wouldn't say 9 times out of 10 is the ground, unless u recently changed your battery or had an alternator check. But grounding would be the first thing to look at.
yeah i exaggerated a bit, but youre right, grounds are usually the first on the troubleshooting list.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:55 AM
95acurals
How do I change this?

Originally posted by nú˘ˇví˘
maybe you should update your system
Why? I'm going to run it till the speakers blow or the amp goes out and then remove the system. I almost took it out the other day because it's starting to piss me off. I just figure since I paid a crap load of money for it I might as well get my moneys worth out of it.

Anyway, I didn't have time to check my ground or anything else yesterday. I'll try to check it out today after work. I don't have anything else hooked up. No fog lights, driving lights, ect. Only my Python alarm. The sound dosen't change at all when I turn on my lights. I'll check some things out tonight. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know
Old 07-24-2002, 07:54 PM
arch iceman

Originally posted by smokedogg
hmm, i had that same exact problem w/ the bass hitting w/o any music, i would play the music, and they would start hitting and i would turn the volume all the way down and the subs wouldnt stop. that was shortly after my alternator whine problem.

The outputs on the amp were bad. Servicing the amp would have solved the problem.

As for 95acurals check your ground. Then the RCA connections and battery post. Has the noise been there the entire 5 years?
Old 07-26-2002, 05:41 AM
95acurals
How do I change this?

Originally posted by arch iceman

The outputs on the amp were bad. Servicing the amp would have solved the problem.

As for 95acurals check your ground. Then the RCA connections and battery post. Has the noise been there the entire 5 years?
I really can't tell you. The bass going off all the time has been there most of the time. Unbridging it solved that though. I can only hear the whine with the music turned all the way down. Since I always have the windows down and my music cranked I never noticed it before. I'll try to check all that stuff this weekend. If it ever stops raining :madfawk: .
Old 07-27-2002, 11:09 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

engine noise sucks, glad I never had that problem.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:46 AM
smokedogg

Originally posted by arch iceman

thats exactly what i did:thumbup: