Notices

93' Accord vibration at idle

Old 04-29-2004, 12:10 PM
miedosoracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nope

Nope, you aren't alone. My parents old 91 wagon and my 93 accord 10th ave had it. Now, I have mine stopped completely, but I sacrificed something to get it. First, there is a screw that is located at the throttle body, right underneath the hoses that go to the map sensor. I turned it out about a full turn or two, and now it idles really high when I turn on the car (about 1500), but then when it warms up alittle, it doesn't vibrate, and it idles at about 800 RPM. The problem stems from the car going down to about 500-600 RPM at idle at a stop light. So now mine idles good, but at start up I have to sit there for about a minute and let it idle down. Then I am good to go. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe that changing the timing alittle could change it possibly too. Then I could get the airscrew back to normal. I haven't messed with it yet, but plan on it someday.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
H22accordR
H22accordr

Originally Posted by miedosoracing
Nope, you aren't alone. My parents old 91 wagon and my 93 accord 10th ave had it. Now, I have mine stopped completely, but I sacrificed something to get it. First, there is a screw that is located at the throttle body, right underneath the hoses that go to the map sensor. I turned it out about a full turn or two, and now it idles really high when I turn on the car (about 1500), but then when it warms up alittle, it doesn't vibrate, and it idles at about 800 RPM. The problem stems from the car going down to about 500-600 RPM at idle at a stop light. So now mine idles good, but at start up I have to sit there for about a minute and let it idle down. Then I am good to go. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe that changing the timing alittle could change it possibly too. Then I could get the airscrew back to normal. I haven't messed with it yet, but plan on it someday.
im pretty sure that the screw your talking about is for controlling the idle if it the screw on the left of the intake thats diagonally up and left of the air intake tube.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:51 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

i hav a manual but i had never had any kind of vibration.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:53 AM
AznBadAss92LX

its very common in the 4g's to have the heavy vibration at idle.....its just one of those things that is a charachteristic of our car....but yeh try lubin it up...LOL, that might help it run smoother
Old 05-01-2004, 08:31 AM
miedosoracing

Default idle

Yeah H22Accord, I think that screw is for the idle as well, and that is what I am saying is the problem. The cars idle too low. It has nothing to do with the mounts, etc. It is all about the idle being super low with a automatic. That is why the standards don't do it. When it is in neutral, it idles fine, but when it's in gear, it runs the car down to about 500 RPM. What other cars do you know that idle smooth at 500 RPM? Mine doesn't do it anymore since I adjusted the idle.

Last edited by miedosoracing; 05-01-2004 at 08:32 AM. Reason: H22
Old 05-01-2004, 11:39 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u are right about the timing belts... my car is almost perfect or perfect but only after it warms up, when i first turn it on is on higher rpm than before with the old belts but once it warms up goes down, almost 0 vibration. the only thing i didnt like about the way the mechanic change my belt is now i waste more gas since it has more pickup/accel than before. now all i want is be able to have the car turn on and not hear a thing just like when is off, even though sometime my car is so quite i think is off lol well maybe the intake needs to go heh