Notices

'03 Accord Coupe - Wow!!

Old 03-09-2003, 06:49 PM
JNGold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Accord Coupe - Wow!!

Hi all.

I'm in the last couple of months of my '01 CL-S lease and I started looking at what my next car will be. I have heard that the CL will not survive another year so I'll be looking elsewhere for a (25-32K) performance car.

Nissan Altima?? Nah, Nice lines on the outside, but that interior is just so damn cheap looking/feeling.

Mazda6 - Nice performance with auto/steptronic but I just don't know about Mazda reliability/quality.

Acura TSX - Nice features. But a 200hp 4 cyl? Coming from a 260hp 6 cyl I just don't think so.

'04 Nissan Maxima/Acura TL- Hmmmm, might be on the cusp of my spending limit. Maybe.

Audi A4 3.0 - Same as above but the cost of ownership over time might be more than I want to incur.

That leaves the Accord. I went into a Honda today to look at the cheaper step-brother of the CL, the Accord EX 6 cyl with Leather. Needless to say, I was quite impressed! The feature list and looks of this car are quite astonishing. It most definately sleeker looking than my '01 CL. With 240hp, I am not really off the mark there, although I will miss having the steptronic capability. All the EX needs is a rear spoiler, side body moldings (to at least help with dings), and fog lights and you got yourself one heck of a car for around 29-30k.

This might be the move. However, I don't think Honda offers roadside assistance. I guess I'm spoiled with Acura's features and benefits. I guess, if I really need roadside, I can get it thru my insurance company.

Just my .02
Old 03-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Cyclonus
UP AND ADD THEM

Originally posted by JNGold
With 240hp, I am not really off the mark there, although I will miss having the steptronic capability.
don't forget the CL-S is quite heavier than the new AV6 coupes. So the CL's extra 20 helps a lil. I would definitely look into a manual though.

Oh and welcome to HAN
Old 03-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan of the body lines but if I were you I would wait till the AV6 comes with its 6-speed manual tranny....if you can.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:40 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

The Six Speed Accord coupe is on the streets! My closest Honda dealer has one all tricked out in Honda parts... rear spoiler, body kit, fog lights... all the goodies.

The Accord coupe V6 auto or manual can be had for around $26,000... unless you add optional equipment.

If you're impressed with the Accord coupe, then go for one... other than the lack of HID's, I love everything about the car. I agree that the fog lights and rear spoiler are very nice additions that finish off the car nicely. I test drove a 4-cylinder EX coupe a couple weeks ago, and that was impressive to me... if I could afford one, and was going to buy a new car, i'd definatly opt for the larger motor though.

I'd also say to stick with a CL... maybe a 6-speed this time?
Old 03-09-2003, 09:09 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

welcome to HAN....................yea, I would Definitely go for the V6 6spd. It's out now though. And may I ask something, steptronic = tiptronic? or it's just that you mispelled twice. sorry for my low knowledge of the terms.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:19 PM
JDMCivic

WRX Sti or Evo 8 is within your price range. Evo8 has 271 hp AWD great for NY. Or WRX STi 300 hp.:thumbup:
Old 03-09-2003, 09:25 PM
AadosX

WRX STi = ~$35k...
Old 03-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Illusion-Lighting
Illusion Lighting

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94

The Accord coupe V6 auto or manual can be had for around $26,000... unless you add optional equipment.

where can u find the v6 6 spd for 26k? EVerywhere I look wants close to 30k out the door.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:32 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by JDMCivic
WRX Sti or Evo 8 is within your price range. Evo8 has 271 hp AWD great for NY. Or WRX STi 300 hp.:thumbup:
yeah both choices would be great in NY and there are many preformance parts out now for either car

Originally posted by AadosX
WRX STi = ~$35k...
yeah thats the only thing stopping me from getting one when i heard about the price tag on it i changed my mind
Old 03-10-2003, 07:29 AM
AadosX

I looked at the EVO, IMO it looks like crap... The wing is weird and the projectors dont match the car at all... the Hood Vent is a little odd too, I don't know its just weird looking... almost like a riced out Lancer, rather than a clean looking factory performance one.