Notices

Seriously Build F22/23-Series Engines!!??

Old 11-22-2002, 05:58 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously Build F22/23-Series Engines!!??

Okay guys I've seen the interest on other boards and some in here too. Let's try and start something here. Anyone that has done any serious work to and F-series engine (Accord not the Furd Truck) please post your mods here. I'm excluding I/E/H; I'd like this thread to focus more on internals and FI add-ons. Please try and be specific for those wanting to gain serious power we need all the info we can get. My goal is to build a high compression N/A street F motor others seem pretty serious about turbos so let's start the sharing of info for Honda's most unsung motor ever. Maybe one day F22/23 will start popping up in Civic hatches around the world ļ Well, at some point the B/H's have to get scarce right? :P
Old 11-22-2002, 07:18 AM
kleankord

?! interesting and expensive sounding concept... i plan on stickin with my f23 not adding ihe etc so i can spend the money on fi...

but going na? seems massive 'spensive and then... there's only so far you can go and still not be able to compete with swapped out hatches...
Old 11-22-2002, 07:35 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

competing with the hatches really isn't my point. In all honesty I don't think even the ludes or H22-Cords can really hang with the B18/20 hatches--just too much car to pull around. I want an N/A Accord solely to have a faster Accord then what it is now. I've driven plenty of turbo cars and to be honest the un-epected rush that can occur at times on higher boost systems can be un-nerving when driving to carve out a good line on some of the back roads. From my prelimanary pricing I looking at around 2500-3000.00 for an N?A set-up. This doesn't include any ECU or fuel mods just he engine itself. There is only soo much you can purchase for and engine N/A. Hey there aren't any good cams for F-series so looks like I'm good there I conting on most of the gains coming from full 1.7 jump in compresion and good cylinder head flow.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:38 AM
zidek_accord

a guy named accordfreak has a f22-t. pm him
Old 11-22-2002, 08:36 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Originally posted by MrChad
competing with the hatches really isn't my point. In all honesty I don't think even the ludes or H22-Cords can really hang with the B18/20 hatches--just too much car to pull around. I want an N/A Accord solely to have a faster Accord then what it is now. I've driven plenty of turbo cars and to be honest the un-epected rush that can occur at times on higher boost systems can be un-nerving when driving to carve out a good line on some of the back roads. From my prelimanary pricing I looking at around 2500-3000.00 for an N?A set-up. This doesn't include any ECU or fuel mods just he engine itself. There is only soo much you can purchase for and engine N/A. Hey there aren't any good cams for F-series so looks like I'm good there I conting on most of the gains coming from full 1.7 jump in compresion and good cylinder head flow.
ever though about individual throttle bodies$$$$$$$$$?
Old 11-22-2002, 08:45 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Well I don't think you can purchase individual TB's for an Accord.

Besided how would I mount the air filters needed for daily use?
Old 11-22-2002, 04:46 PM
98AccordEX
Banned

you will not make an NA F23 motor to be fast no matter what you do to it. give it 12:1 compression. full build up, ITB's, and it still wont be that fast. you may run high 13's at the fastest. you cant compete with an H22. i have a turbo running 10 lbs putting out around 230-240hp (dynoed at 221 with clogged stock cat). it would beat up on any NA F23 out there. i dont see any way to get more than 200-220hp to the wheels going NA. build up the motor and run 150 shot direct port if you want. the F23 is not a motor for all-motor. FI is the only way to go on a SOHC. DOHC i would go NA all day long. plus no one is gonna make you ITB's for an F23 unless you spend $3000 on them
Old 11-22-2002, 07:25 PM
Knight2dro

NA?
Old 11-22-2002, 09:02 PM
phat99accord
BMW Tech

na=naturally asperated
aka no turbo/nos
Old 11-23-2002, 04:08 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Originally posted by 98AccordEX
you will not make an NA F23 motor to be fast no matter what you do to it. give it 12:1 compression. full build up, ITB's, and it still wont be that fast. you may run high 13's at the fastest. you cant compete with an H22. i have a turbo running 10 lbs putting out around 230-240hp (dynoed at 221 with clogged stock cat). it would beat up on any NA F23 out there. i dont see any way to get more than 200-220hp to the wheels going NA. build up the motor and run 150 shot direct port if you want. the F23 is not a motor for all-motor. FI is the only way to go on a SOHC. DOHC i would go NA all day long. plus no one is gonna make you ITB's for an F23 unless you spend $3000 on them

You FI guys seem to always miss the point. There is no such thing as a good motor to go all motor with when you have the option of going FI.

Yes a twin cammer is better suited to go all motor, but that's not what we have here. SOmetimes its just more fun and $$$ to do something different. I would consider building up my F22, just for the simple fact that I have put on almost every mile on the motor and know all the maintainence that has gone into it and would rather spend the money of a swap and get a motor that has maxed out its performance, just for the sake of saying my motor has maxed out.

Nobody thinks an F22/23 is gonna take out a comprably workd H22 or B-series, but it sure would be fun to try.

noel