Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nos vs. turbo

Old 11-07-2002, 11:16 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nos vs. turbo

i mentioned to a friend that i was planning on putting nos in my car and he then replied that nos isn't good for an engine. i told him that i thought if it were intalled properly i woudn't have any problems... he then told me that it still shortens the life of the engine and that i should just save up and install a turbo kit...

is what he said true? what do you reccomend?
Old 11-07-2002, 11:18 PM
PepsiShine
Banned

both are pretty brutal to any honda engine, but turbo's dont explode h:
Old 11-07-2002, 11:27 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

heck yea ... nitrous could wreck your engine in one shot if you over do it. if you properly tune your turbo, you could run 6 psi on stock internals no problem.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:07 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

I personally like turbos better, mainly because you never run out of the extra power (except when it's not spooling). Both can destroy engines, but both can also be great power adders.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:30 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Bang for the buck nitrous is the way to go. Both of them will destroy your engine if not tuned properly, but I would think since turbo is always working it would tax your engine more.

IMO, nitrous is not fun on a slow car. People laugh at cars running 15s on the bottle.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:50 AM
SlowLow5thGen

Boost Is Great, There's No Denying That. But Your Gonna Pay Out The Ass To Do It Right, Cause 6psi Isn't ****, You'll Need 9min, 12+ Desired, And 15-20 If Your Serious Or Have A Deathwish.

And Each Time U Up The Boost You Have To Do More To The Engine For The Higher You Go, For 6psi You Could Probally Build A Fairly Cheap DSM Retrofit Kit, For 9-11 You'd Be Lookin @ A Stock Or Lightly Modded F-Max Or Somthin Of That Nature, Anything Above That Is Gonna Need Internals, Serious Engine Management, Secondary Injectors, Heavy Duty Injectors Throughout, Large Volume Fuel Pump, Etc.... This Is Assuming Your Doing It All The Right Way The 1st Time, There Are Corners You Can Cut, But Each Cut Reduce's Engine Life & Ups The Potential Of Blowing A Hole In The Block.

If Your Not Gonna Be Hardcore & You Just Want Somethin For Random Stoplight Showdowns, Get Juice. If You Plan On Going Out To Make Money Off Of This Or Win Shows, Drags, Etc.. Then Boost It.

If You Wanna Be Insanely Fast, Do Both
Old 11-08-2002, 08:57 AM
sLoW aZZ aCcOrD

everyone seems to have this misconception that nitrous (not NOS) is really bad and will certainly blow your engine. though there is alway that risk (as well as a turbo) a properly installed and tuned car will have no problem handling a little N20. for instance my friend with a 5th gen accord is spraying 75 shot and has been spraying for 2 1/2 years already and it is an automatic. he has no problems with his engine or the transmission. if you have money for a turbo then that is the way you should go. but if do not have 4-5 thousand dollars to buy, install, and properly tune your car with a turbo then i say go with nitrous (again NOT NOS). its relatively cheap with all the extra parts you will need to keep your engine from blowing up is around $1K. but u can buy just the nitrous system for around $500.

hope any of this has helped.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:35 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally posted by sLoW aZZ aCcOrD
everyone seems to have this misconception that nitrous (not NOS)
What's the difference between nitrous and NOS?

NOS = Nitrous Oxide System

Now there is a difference between NOS and NAAAAAWWWSSS but I don't see why you should discriminate against using 'NOS'. Just my .02
Old 11-08-2002, 12:48 PM
sLoW aZZ aCcOrD

Originally posted by TeHJuSTiN
What's the difference between nitrous and NOS?

NOS = Nitrous Oxide System

Now there is a difference between NOS and NAAAAAWWWSSS but I don't see why you should discriminate against using 'NOS'. Just my .02
just pointing out that NOS is a brand. not discriminating against NOS.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:17 PM
Knight2dro

talking about turbo
what do they mean by twin turbo?