Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drunk friend punched in Emergency light button

Old 01-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Eric BMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drunk friend punched in Emergency light button

So we're all out at the bar last night doing our thing. my gf was kind enough to offer herself as the designated driver. Fine. One of my neighbors from down the hall is there and she offers him a ride as well.

Well she had her emergency flashers on at one point and it was sticking. So my drunk friend hops over into the front seat and punches it twice. The button itself has fallen into the dash. It doesn't appear as if anything is broken but do you guys have some advice. It's a tight fit. Will i have to take the dash out. How is it held in? And do you have any advice on how I should murder my idiot friend?

not my pic but i'm talking about the red button to the top left of the radio. I really don't feel like pulling out the whole dash. Possible to just pull out the radio and work from there?

Last edited by Eric BMW; 01-25-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:25 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Should be able to get at it from behind the radio
Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Tedmond

the button doesnt need to come out, it should just sit right on the top of the button. its should pop in but will be tight. that is held in by clip but you will need to pull off the bezel.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:29 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

If the button fell into the dash, it didn't get far. There's a harness connected to it. To seperate the button though ... I wonder if he snapped any additional plastic around the console.

Look for instructions on how to remove the radio. The button and harness should be sitting on top of it.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL funny shit..

Do you guys have a light n the button? I never seen my on but I think is supposed to be one.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Tedmond

there is no light bulb in that HAZARD flasher. okay removal of dash may kick you. but its easy cuz i open one all the time for deck upgrades

1) remove all the stuff out of your cup holder and arm rest box.
2) remove cup holder and remove 2 screws that are directly in front and one to the left of the cut holder (towards the car - holds 2 pieces together)
3) open arm rest and use a flat head and pry the plastic piece at the bottom of the compartment. Remove 2 screws
4) Pull hand brake up, And Lift that consol far up and back towards the rear of the car. (get it out of the way)
5) after removing the consol around handbrake, there are 2 black or gold screws on each side of the plastic trim, they are easily seen/accessable remove those 2 screw
6) Put key into the key slot next to the shifter and move it to "2" or D will work fine
7) SLOWLY lift the black trim around the shifter, up to the radio pocket. The bezel is held in with 4 clips so take your time and pull it out straight. from there the hazard will be to your left hand side, when you done reverse all steps.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
lufkintravis

Originally Posted by Tedmond
there is no light bulb in that HAZARD flasher. okay removal of dash may kick you. but its easy cuz i open one all the time for deck upgrades

1) remove all the stuff out of your cup holder and arm rest box.
2) remove cup holder and remove 2 screws that are directly in front and one to the left of the cut holder (towards the car - holds 2 pieces together)
3) open arm rest and use a flat head and pry the plastic piece at the bottom of the compartment. Remove 2 screws
4) Pull hand brake up, And Lift that consol far up and back towards the rear of the car. (get it out of the way)
5) after removing the consol around handbrake, there are 2 black or gold screws on each side of the plastic trim, they are easily seen/accessable remove those 2 screw
6) Put key into the key slot next to the shifter and move it to "2" or D will work fine
7) SLOWLY lift the black trim around the shifter, up to the radio pocket. The bezel is held in with 4 clips so take your time and pull it out straight. from there the hazard will be to your left hand side, when you done reverse all steps.
You forgot the two screws that you can't get to on the floor about halfway lengthwise on the console... took me forever to inch them out with a 90 degree screwdriver or you can take the seats out... Also, there's a screw behind the removable ashtray, just above the OBD port... Honestly, if you're just after the button, remove the screw behind the ashtray and pull the black trim from the top edges (either side of the clock) and pull downward slightly to ease the clock out past the lower edge of the dash cutout and you can get your hand in there to get to it. Don't pull it back too far and break the black bezel, but it's pretty resilient if you're easy with it.

Last edited by lufkintravis; 01-25-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:17 PM
nspec_Cd5

just pop the Black trim around the radio out from top of where teh switchs and the clock is. Use a flat head screw driver.

The only parts of the trim that shouldn't come out is teh rear side of the shifter, there're two screws there holding it. All the rest are clips. So pull out the trim from top and u should be able to see the button there.
Once u see the button, u can unplug it, stick the harness out from that hole and then plug the switch back in to the harness.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Tedmond

i never pull any screws from that area ?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Eric BMW

Sounds like some good advice. I'll try and give it some time when i'm hungover from mardi gras. Hopefully won't be too frustrating.