Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Questions - 95 Accord V6

Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Tedmond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Questions - 95 Accord V6

hey all, im into cars and know alot oabout them - electrical wise, but when it comes to motor meh, very skimpy on it. Well anyways to the point. I have a 95 accord v6 and the gas efficiancy on it is horrible. any ideas how to limit the gas on that beast? also is the bolt pattern 4 x 114.3? and what size rims are best for that car. i know that original honda rims are 15 inches. P205/65r/15. if i use P205/55r/17 will that be any good for the accord? well thanks for any input.

Last edited by Tedmond; 01-19-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:34 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Has your average mpg decreased as of late? What do you average? I would check into changing air filter, spark plugs/wires, cap/rotor, & proper tire inflation.

As far as tires are concerned, follow this tire calculator to get as close as you can to OEM spec:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections.../tiresizes.asp
Old 01-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

larger rims are usually heavier = even less gas efficiency

egr valve might be clogged
Old 01-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Tedmond

to be honest, i was just gonna get the car tuned up but a friend of mine said tuning wont do much. just did oil change, brand new filter, tanny flush and new fluid as well, spark plugs/wires from distib all orignal Honda parts. thing is the guy i got the car from he put BBS 16s on that car. so the tires that i got with the car is 205/65/16. and they are properly inflated. btw i dont even use this car much. had it for maybe 4 months and used it for a week and did all the changes and it just sits in my garage. I drive my moms 04 camry. im still young (16) so yea taht accord is my first car ahah
Old 01-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

Keep the 16's, anything bigger will reduce your ride quality. How much gas does it eat?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:14 AM
Tedmond

you have no idea, a full tank will probably 150km maybe less. and when i start the car, i can smell gas. i think the ports are injecting too much gas into the engine.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Tedmond

well i topped my car up and drove it till it was out of gas and read the differance in KM. I eneded up getting 200 km from a full tank of gas. as mentioned when i start the car i can smell gas. also, anyone know the bolt pattern? 4 x 100 or 4 x 114.3
? thanks

Last edited by Tedmond; 01-23-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
bob01721

Originally Posted by Tedmond
"... I eneded up getting 200 km from a full tank of gas..."
But you still don't know how many "miles per gallon" (or Km) you're getting. To calculate your mileage, you'll have to fill the tank and set the trip odometer to zero. At the next refill, note the number of gallons and the distance travelled. Divide the distance by the gallons and you'll have an "actual" mileage (Kilometerage?) number.

Re poor mileage, the two biggest factors are usually (1) your right foot and (2) rolling resistance. A few of the things that increase rolling resistance are underinflated tires, oversize tires, sticking brake caliper... things along those lines.

You mentioned a gas smell. Can you smell it when you turn the car off? If you only smell it on startup, I'd disregard it -- the engine normally runs rich on startup. But if the odor continues after the engine is fully warmed up, look into it. You may have some sort of a fuel leak.

But first try to get a handle on your actual mileage.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:19 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob01721
But you still don't know how many "miles per gallon" (or Km) you're getting. To calculate your mileage, you'll have to fill the tank and set the trip odometer to zero. At the next refill, note the number of gallons and the distance travelled. Divide the distance by the gallons and you'll have an "actual" mileage (Kilometerage?) number.

Re poor mileage, the two biggest factors are usually (1) your right foot and (2) rolling resistance. A few of the things that increase rolling resistance are underinflated tires, oversize tires, sticking brake caliper... things along those lines.

You mentioned a gas smell. Can you smell it when you turn the car off? If you only smell it on startup, I'd disregard it -- the engine normally runs rich on startup. But if the odor continues after the engine is fully warmed up, look into it. You may have some sort of a fuel leak.

But first try to get a handle on your actual mileage.
Excellent post. factor #1 is how you drive. I could (and DO) get 34mpg out of my 250HP Accord or 18mpg over a full tank (15-16 gallons), completely depending on how I drive.

How do people not calculate something as simple as fuel economy I have calculated it and put it into a spreadsheet ever since I've owned my car.