Notices

Timing belt job question 1993 Honda Accord LX

Old 11-02-2023, 04:22 AM
Litewait

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Timing belt job question 1993 Honda Accord LX

Timing belt job question 1993 Honda Accord LX

I got the Aisin TKH 007 Timing Belt Kit

I just got some questions. I know it's crucial to replace the Timing Belt and Balance Belt. I did however go ahead and got the Honda parts instead for the timing belts. I also got some honda seals for some reason was not included in this kit. The honda seals that I got are Cam Seal, Crank Seal, Rear Main Seal, and Valve Cover Seal (actuallly not honda but fel-pro for Valve Cover Seal). I had heard some times some seals should be replaced on the second or third timing belt job. Or when you see the leak or suspect the leak. Now I do have some drops once in a while from the timing belt area. So I thought it might be a good idea to replace the seals. It does make the job harder (there is no complete video on youtube showing the whole job of this). These drops might come from the Valve Cover Seal more likely? Not sure.

But the more important question here is: About those two tensioners and those springs. Should I replace those? I'm not sure they are honda parts? How long do they last? I think they might be crucial, because if they ever fail than the timing belt will fail. If they should be replaced, should they be replaced by honda parts? I got to hurry, because now I'm debating to return that Aisin kit. Although, I'm sure it's probably likely that the tensioners are quality parts. But to be safe should I replace honda parts?

Is it necessary? I think it's a strong possibility that there was 2 timing belt jobs on this car as indicated by previous owner. I don't know when the last one was done, but I can tell you my guess is from 2005 to 2010.