Notices

Clunk sound in the rear went to shop... and then...

Old 04-03-2006, 10:56 AM
accord01coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunk sound in the rear went to shop... and then...

So i heard clunking sounds on the rear left side of my car did not wana mess with it so i took it to the shop. First the mechanic was cheking and said everything was ok.. then we took it for a test drive and he heard the clunk sound again.. so he fixed it and tighten every bolt he could find in the rear. took it for a spin again still clunk sound he took off the rear left suspension and checked it out. next thing i hear was he was going mad cuz my tien s-tech springs. he was b*tchn about my prings told him that they were aftermarket springs. he said he dont like the springs so i laughed and said lowering springs get the picture he said he hated it so much that he did not wana fix it so he called his boss and told them that my springs on the rear were too soft. now to the point my set up was tien s-tech springs and tokico illumina's, so does the rear springs can be easily compressed by hand? than the front ones? i need ur advice guys cuz i aint going back to the shop that gets pissed off cuz of aftermarket parts. i paid 20$ to fix it and the mechanic got his a$$ worked out. i drive a 2001 accord coupe so need some info or words of wisdom from all of yall pls.. long post sorry .. help me out
Old 04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you live in a town with one mechanic or what dude?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
phat99accord
BMW Tech

check ur rear sway bar bushings.

with the car on the ground grab the sway bar and lift up n down and see if u can hear a clunk. if so get new bushings at 3 bucks a peice and 15 mins of work

thats what my clunk was and thats where i would check w/ urs
Old 04-03-2006, 05:33 PM
accord01coupe

98CoupeV6 reply well closet one to home. and i was in a rush to get to work and got really pissed off at it. that would be my fault i guess..

phat99accord vbmenu_register("postmenu_2843873", true); reply yeah i was thinking the rear sway bars at first got lazy to do it so went to a shop i saw a site how to switch it out i forgot who pasted the link but ima do it this week end work is hektik as hell...

Thanks for your replies any one else with some info to share?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
accord01coupe

i was cheking out the springs (tein s) i can compress the rear springs my self.. is that possible? the front is hard to compress by hand but the rear man its so easy? any one can help?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:45 AM
SleepinTR1
Just an average guy...

Interesting... I'm having this same problem... Can someone here direct me to the "fix" if it exists here on the board?

I get the "clunk" if you will from in the rear pretty consistently now mainly when I turn hard or if I have to make a turn on an elevation change . You guys are saying it's a sway bar issue? Can anyone ellaborate?

Just FYI, I'm a real "newb" on maintaining cars... I know how to use tools and all (matter of fact, "I" did the lowering job I'm referring to with the help of this and other boards) and I just need direction as to how to remedy the problem. My setup is one just to get rid of wheel gap - Modest drop with Illumina struts and H&R Sport Springs.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Johar

the best advice i can give you, is check the trunk. lol
Old 07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
flyromeo3

is the spring seated properly on the strut?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Buyimports2

poiweurhgpohgasolgaowihqownalskdnfalsjgqiorn

SPELL CHECK
Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 AM
SleepinTR1
Just an average guy...

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
is the spring seated properly on the strut?
Well I mean, I did this install several years ago... Like say 2000. I haven't started really having the clunk problem like until Dec '05. I would get a little "creaking" or whatever when I had people in the back seat or whatever and I went over a speed bump or down and out a driveway, but nothing to really trip about....

Sayin' that to say that it was fine all this time... Lately, the clunk is getting consistent even when it's just me in the car drivin'...

I'll be checkin' everything this week, so I'll get back with ya.