Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prelude vs. Accord

Old 09-18-2002, 06:22 PM
Speedracerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude vs. Accord

Ok, so I bet my friend $20. Who would win in a drag race?

He has:

99 Honda Prelude
CAI - AEM
Headers - Stainless Steel
Exhaust - I think Comptech
and a Racing Chip
He also took off his Catylitic Converter (Does that do anything?)

I have a:

2k Honda Accord EX V6
CAI - AEM
Dual Magnaflow Exhaust

Who do you think would win? Also are there any more performance mods I can do that are within the $100-$300 range?
Old 09-18-2002, 06:33 PM
MaCeCL
[]D [] []V[] []D

personally i think ur out of 20 bucks ... hes got more mods plus a lighter/ quicker car plus if he has a 5spd ur out even more

MaCe
Old 09-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Bay Accord

You will not beat a 5 speed prelude with mods in a V6 accord. Well i'm assuming he has a 5 speed who would buy the auto lude. The only way you'll win is if he cant drive or you get a supercharger or turbo or a CL-S 6 Speed swap HEH.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:03 PM
kleankord

yeah you'll lose... run the bottle (about 300) then i think you've got a better chance
Old 09-18-2002, 09:05 PM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

might be a close race if your friend has the sport shift prelude....But make sure when you race take out anything and everything that is not need (spare,jack,seats?,subs, etc) and run on a low tank....

I can't think of anything worthwhile to spend $300 bucks on...But, another $200bucks, and you will spank him with a 55 shot nitrous.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:09 PM
RKV

if he's the base prelude with 5 speed, ur dead. if he has the SH, cuz its supposedly heavier cuz of that system it has for better turning, than... u wont get crushed, but u'll still lose. and if he has the automatic base model, u got him. my friend has a prelude with automatic with an intake and a tanabe G medallion catback exhaust and his car got stomped by my friends Integra special edition 5 speed(which has the same motor as the LS or GS or RS), and all he had on his teg was an exhaust LOL, not even catback, just muffler. now the V6 accord is slightly faster or as fast as the integra from what i remember when my friend had that teg raced a 6th generation V6 accord coupe. so if he has an auto, yes, u should win... but than again, u said racing chip, i dont kno what that means, need more detail, but probably nothing considering he doesnt have anything serious beside basic bolt ons. taking out your cat will give him some added High end power(so the place ur racing, is it like a long straight away, and how long is it?). he'll lose low end cuz of the cat tho i think. hope i can give u some ballpark insight. and mods, to help u? MORAL TO THE STORY: thats easy, get some nitrous, and u got him... my friend with a 1998+ 4 cylinder accord coupe, all he had was CAI, exhaust, headers, 5 speed with 18' wheels on, and he ran a consistent high 14 sec 1/4 mile... that should be somewhere ur friend might be at, if he has the base 5 speed prelude. so get nitrous, and i wouldnt worry. that'll be a little over ur budget of $300, if u get a used one.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:14 PM
green2dr

you also dont get much out of intake headers exhust on an accord. I read on import tuners that they only got 6 hp of of I/H/E.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:15 PM
RKV

actually, i have 2 friends with preludes with autos, and one had an intake, full DTM tanabe catback, and 4-2-1 SS headers from DC sports, spakr plugs and some small blah and blah and his car was Slow. his car was slammed too. and btw, my friend with the teg was not as fast as a V6 accord coupe, cuz i remember he only had his exhuast at the time, and he smashed the auto prelude, by more than 2 cars lengths, he didnt even have his AEM cai at time, which than maybe would have kept up with a V6 accord coupe or beat the accord. those auto prelude owners use the sport shift all wrong i feel, at least so many of them do, i kno many acquaintances with them, and they all drive hard, but their slow.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:19 PM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

Originally posted by green2dr
you also dont get much out of intake headers exhust on an accord. I read on import tuners that they only got 6 hp of of I/H/E.
that is true for a 4 cylinder...but there was a dyno for a V6 accord in a recent magazine, dont remember which one but the gains were more than 6 horses...I think they got 6 with the intake alone.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:28 PM
KIMistry

All I know is that I beat my buddy's 01 prelude with my 4 cyl auto accord... but that's cuz he doesn't know how to drive stick all that well... and i beat him BAD Hahahah~ (= I know I shoulda been beat.

Quick Reply: Prelude vs. Accord