Notices

rear camber

Old 09-12-2002, 07:01 AM
bonestock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea 4th and 5th gen accord it works. if u use over 2-3 washers you should get some longer auto grade bolts. rule of thumb is each washer is +.5. ive got 2 washers in the rear. i had a thread about this at HS about what size the bolts n washer were n stuff. do a search over there.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:10 AM
v4lu3s

Originally posted by v4lu3s

ingalls seems to feel that 1 washer is .25 degrees...least so it says in the paperwork that comes with the washer kit they sell.

the paperwork from ingalls says .25 degrees.
and before and after alignments supported that for me.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:09 AM
krotchwaffle

we did this on another board. i just recently completely aligned my car, correcting camber both front and rear. for the rear, i used new bolts and washers. the specs for the bolts are M10, 1.25 pitch x 60 mm. make sure they're metric grade 9.10 (it's equivalent to sae grade 8). i used 4 washers on each, and it corrected my camber a little over 1°. it started out -2.15° or something, and the tech said it corrected to make the rear barely over one degree out, so say -1.1°. and before i put the washers on, i tightened the bolts down to see if they'd bottom out in the chassis before becoming tight. they worked fine without the washers on, so they definitely had room.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:58 PM
PeaceOut
Old ass Member

how does this look like a bolt and washers??

Old 09-14-2002, 07:43 AM
accord92

Originally posted by bonestock
yea 4th and 5th gen accord it works. if u use over 2-3 washers you should get some longer auto grade bolts. rule of thumb is each washer is +.5. ive got 2 washers in the rear. i had a thread about this at HS about what size the bolts n washer were n stuff. do a search over there.
what is HS?
Old 09-14-2002, 07:58 AM
Screech

I would get a kit. I don't think that general washers have the same density as a shim, thus giving way to some compression or bending. If you torque the bolt and later the shim compresses while you are driving the bolt just became less tight. Most people put in a isle of a hardware store for bolts could not find the right size and strength bolt. Also, I believe a shim kit would resist corrosion better. Seeing as someone could be driving on the same road as me someday, I say get a kit and do it the right way the first time.

That all I gotta say on "rigging" sh|t.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by Screech
I would get a kit. I don't think that general washers have the same density as a shim, thus giving way to some compression or bending. If you torque the bolt and later the shim compresses while you are driving the bolt just became less tight. Most people put in a isle of a hardware store for bolts could not find the right size and strength bolt. Also, I believe a shim kit would resist corrosion better. Seeing as someone could be driving on the same road as me someday, I say get a kit and do it the right way the first time.

That all I gotta say on "rigging" sh|t.
since when does galvanized or stainless steel "compress"? it may expand and contract from heat but that's about it.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:45 PM
accord92

what is wrong with the bolt thing...ingalls even sells a kit that is just new bolts and washers.
http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/3893.htm
Old 09-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Screech

When I got my Accord and mentioned needing a camber kit a guy at my friend's house went to his car a grabed a bunch of washers and said to use them and they he did and they are fine. Being a 6th gen Accord that would not work but he thought it would. Messing around, I put the washers on a bolt and tightened a nut onto them. When I backed the nut off the middle of the washers had compressed some. I'm not saying they were stainless steel or galvanized, but that is what this guy said he had in his.

My point is to some people a washer is a washer and if the stainless steal and galvanized cost more then another washer the same size near by some people will buy the cheaper one to save money. That is why I say buy a "real" kit. Too many people given the choose would not see the point of get the "right" washers. Or maybe I the people I know are just cheap.
Old 09-14-2002, 05:19 PM
The Dude
Banned

Originally posted by Screech

My point is to some people a washer is a washer and if the stainless steal and galvanized cost more then another washer the same size near by some people will buy the cheaper one to save money. That is why I say buy a "real" kit. Too many people given the choose would not see the point of get the "right" washers. Or maybe I the people I know are just cheap.
Um a 3/8" Steel galvanized washer costs like $.07 at Lowes, who the **** would pay less for something cheaper?

Quick Reply: rear camber