FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lots and lots of fail 98CoupeV6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waoonetwork View Post
    does anyone have a keyless entry programming for a civic lx 2002? i got 2 remotes with my civic from the dealers but they dont work and i replaced the battery's and still nothin.
    Go to the dealer and pay them $60 to do it, please.
    2003 San Marino Red Accord Coupe EX-V6 6MT
    IMM244k miles
    www.lemons300zx.blogspot.com

Hi guys, Ive got a 99 Accord LX, did the programming works flawlessly. My question is.. When I unlock my car it honks twice, and when I lock it honks once. For some reason It did not do this when i first purchased the car but now its been doing it for 3 years or so. Wondering if there is a way to disabling the honking in programming mode. Thanks!

Honda Accord 2003 EX

I just bought Honda Accord 2003 EX with only one keyless. I read carefully this thread, but I can't understand how actually is programming procedure.

First, I understand that inside keyless there is a chip, named transponder. This chip has a firmware, which firmware execute algorithm to crypt/decrypt communication between keyless and vehicle computer. Vehicle computer must be trained to know new keyless. This is actually for me programming instruction. Am I right ?

Second, I find appropriate keyless for my Accord from http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ . They said, that I still visit local Honda dealer to program keyless. What would program Honda dealer ? I ask http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ , but they don't give me reasonable answer.

For me, the only reasonable answer is that dealers sell keyless without firmware, and Honda dealer must load it. But if this is true, how other dealers test if they keyless works ?

Thanks.

GMailDrive
    Last edited by GMailDrive; 02-04-08 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMailDrive View Post
    I just bought Honda Accord 2003 EX with only one keyless. I read carefully this thread, but I still understand how actually is programming procedure.

First, I understand that inside keyless there is a chip, named transponder. This chip has a firmware, which firmware execute algorithm to crypt/decrypt communication between keyless and vehicle computer. Vehicle computer must be trained to know new keyless. This is actually for me programming instruction. I am right ?

Second, I find appropriate keyless for my Accord from http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ . They said, that I still visit local Honda dealer to program keyless. What would program Honda dealer ? I ask http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ , but they don't give me reasonable answer.

For me, the only reasonable answer is that dealers sell keyless without firmware, and Honda dealer must load it. But if this is true, how other dealers test if they keyless works ?

Thanks.

GMailDrive
    The remote has to be programmed to the car. There is no firmware to be loaded.

If you can't understand how to program the remote from the directions here, then go to the dealer. It's a simple process and you either get it or you don't.
    2000 Honda Accord EX - 5-spd

I understand how to program the remote from programming instruction posted here, but seller of the keyless said that I must visit Honda dealer to program chip. This was the reason to ask here what would be program Honda dealer.

I understand how to program the remote from programming instruction posted here, but seller of the keyless said that I must visit Honda dealer to program chip. This was the reason to ask here what would be program Honda dealer.
    I strongly recommend that you go to the dealer for this or anything else you plan to do with your car.
    IMM244k miles

hey, im assuming you have the newer gen honda where th ekeyless remote is also the key. programming the remote for keyless is no issue because any1 can do it. If you are trying to get the key cut and start the car, yes you need to visit a honda dealer so they can prgram the Immobilizer chip in the key. they use a Scan tool and program the Immobilizer RF chip using Infared.
    MECP Certified
    Alarm/Car audio wiz

Quote Originally Posted by Tedmond View Post
    hey, im assuming you have the newer gen honda where th ekeyless remote is also the key. programming the remote for keyless is no issue because any1 can do it. If you are trying to get the key cut and start the car, yes you need to visit a honda dealer so they can prgram the Immobilizer chip in the key. they use a Scan tool and program the Immobilizer RF chip using Infared.
    Thanks Tedmond,

that is what I want to hear. Yes, keyless is also the key. I want to cut key and using it to start the car.

Tnanks to all.
    Regards: GMailDrive

depending on dealer, usaully its about 50 to do the laser cut key and 60 to program the RF immobilzer chip.
    MECP Certified
    Alarm/Car audio wiz

I have a 2001 Accord Coupe 2.0iES (6gen, manual) which was made in USA (Ohio) but it's for the european market. It has european standard headlights and km/h speedometer.
    The keyless remotes are missing and dealerships here have very limited information/experience with such models so I'm having a hard time tracking down the remote type. They're willing to order one but it costs a fortune (about $400. WTF).
    I've ordered one from ebay (FCCID KOBUTAH2T) but either the remote is not the proper one or programming instructions (turn igniton key / unlock / turn off...) are different for this model.
    Is it worth looking for it or should I just replace the whole alarm system?

IR (infra Red) Valeo Keyless remote help Not Wireless Type on civic

IR (infra Red) Valeo Keyless remote help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

I have read all these threads and have come to the conclusion that the keyfob unlocking system that is used in the USA is of the wireless type?

I am in the UK and have a 1999 civic 1.4s 5 door, I have lost my original keyfob (Which is Infra red valeo type, as i point it at the rear view mirror not the radio)

I have obtained a replacement IR Valeo remote key fob and have tried to program it by the inginition on press lock ingnition off for 4 times etc and it doesnt work

So am i correct in assuming that these programing instructions are for a wireless keyfob system and not a Infra system as i cannot get it to work??

I have been to the honda dealership here in the UK and showed them them the instructions i have had off your site, I was informed that the instructions where correct but only for certain types of civics and would not work with my civic.They wouldnt say exactly which system it was for.

They have told me i have to buy a preprogramed key fob from them at a cost of £100 ($200 usd). which comes preprogramed. Which the cost is stupid

So i would just like some confirmation from someone of this site,if possible that the instructions on here ( Ingnition key to II,i press lock on fob, Ingnition key off. the repeat 4 times etc) is for a wireless system or will it work with the original valeo IR (infra red) system???????????

Many thanks Guys

Great site

Sorry if i have posted in the wrong section

2007 Honda Odyssey EX.

Does anyone have the instruction to program remotes for a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX.

Hi, I'm new here, I just bought a 05 Odessey, they gave me one key and one remote, I would like to buy one from somewhere, is there any way to programme it ? because I don't see any programme here for Odessey after 04. Thanks

Hello all,

Just bought a new key with transmitter for my 2003 Accord LX from the dealer. I just want to make sure I understand, if I use the instructions for programming the keyless remote, it will also start the car? I'm asking because the key turns the ignition on but the car just turns over and doesn't start. I'm not to familiar with the security chips in the newer cars since I just bought the car this weekend. I don't want to go through the programming steps and disable the one remote I have working to start the car. Any help will be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks in advance....

Some old guy!
    Useful info-this should be a sticky.

I hate to bump this thread......but can anyone tell me if a 2001-2004 Odyssey EX remote (OUCG80-440H-A) will work on a 2001 Odyssey LX model?

Are the EX & LX remotes on the Odyssey interchangeable?
    1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

keyless remote

All this info & other Honda tips can also be found at:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/art...ticle_52.shtml
    1998-2002 Honda Accord EX & SE Keyless Entry Programming
    By College Hills Honda Parts
    Thu, 26 Aug 2004, 19:42:00

Email this article
    Printer friendly page

NOTES:
    • The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.
    • Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must
    reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.
    • You must complete steps 1–6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

Programming the Transmitter

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
    2. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
    3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
    4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
    5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
    6. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
    7. Within 10 seconds, press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter’s code.
    8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
    © Copyright 2004-2007 by collegehillshonda.com

However, even though I've tried the above didn't work for me but I may be using the wrong remote as I use to have a Civic.

Die in a fire, Dingo Deb. I hope your keyless remote explodes.
    IMM244k miles

I'm sorry to being this thread back to life. But after extensive search online, I just don't have an answer!

I recently bought a 1998 Honda Civic EX coupe with 53,300 miles on the clock. I got two keys and one transmitter for the keyless entry (factory)

The keyless entry works, but the lights don't flash! When I press the lock button twice, the doors lock again but theres no horn chirp either.

The remote I have only has the lock, unlock, and panic button. Is there a way I can fix this? It drives me insane! haha.

Thanks for all the help guys.

1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe

The jerks at the local Honda dealer sell new remotes for the 1999's and the Honda Newsletter from 2006 tells them the 98-99 transmitters are discontinued and the new look-a-like will not open trunk. They tried to sell me $89.00 diag to find out why blaming the car. I said let me research and call U tomorrow. I found the info and told them and they did not want to refund my $211.00 for 2 FOBS and I told them sorry for your not reading YOUR newsletter about this problem that I just schooled you on. The parts manager agreeed and gave me my refund...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY IN CORP AMERICA and how many dumb people can we screw in a day..

1997 Honda Accord SE FOB is not getting programmed.

Hi all,

I bought two used transmitters for my 97 Accord SE and I got the instruction from you guys here as well as from the good guys at

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/art...ticle_41.shtml

I tried it several times and I never hear the car cycling the locks at all.

The FOB were tested by their seller on ebay, supposedly and they should work.

I have the FOBs with FCC IDs as A269ZUA106.

The FOBs when pressed have a very small red led light going on just above the LOCK button. I am not sure what does that mean? Does it mean low battery or it mean it is working?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sharshera View Post
    Hi all,

I bought two used transmitters for my 97 Accord SE and I got the instruction from you guys here as well as from the good guys at

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/art...ticle_41.shtml

I tried it several times and I never hear the car cycling the locks at all.

The FOB were tested by their seller on ebay, supposedly and they should work.

I have the FOBs with FCC IDs as A269ZUA106.

The FOBs when pressed have a very small red led light going on just above the LOCK button. I am not sure what does that mean? Does it mean low battery or it mean it is working?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
    The instructions as follows is what worked:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6219012_program-se-keyless-entry-remote.html

Step 1
    Unlock all the doors on the vehicle.

Step 2
    Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position.

Step 3
    Press either the lock or unlock button on the remote.

Step 4
    Turn the key to the off position and then quickly return it to the on position. Press the lock or unlock button on the remote. Repeat this step three times. You should end with the key in the on position.

Step 5
    Press the lock button on the remote. The door locks will cycle once to let you know the remote is properly programmed. Press the lock buttons on any other remotes within 10 seconds to program them as well.

Hi sharshera, is this your remote?

Mine is like it. Its broken, and I want to buy one of this in ebay, but I dont know if is posible to reprobram.

Its one button IR remote of a Honda Accord TDI (02-1998) SPAIN, with rover motor.

2005 Accord EX

What would the program code be for a 2005 Accord?

I just bought a 1997 CRV for my teenage daughters first car. The owner gave us several keys but no key fob remotes. I ordered a couple online and tried the programming instructions but they car is not going into programming mode. The locks never cycle. When manually locking the car, all the locks but the front passenger door work, that one has to be locked and unlocked manually for some reason. I tried different batteries in the key fobs but still no success. I know I followed the instructions carefully and tried multiple times. Any ideas as to what the issue is? He did remove the factory radio to replace it with a bluetooth one, I read in one thread that the factory radio may be needed for the key fobs to work? Either way, the car was never even entering programming mode as the locks would never cycle. Thanks.