Notices

Coupe or Sedan....Here Arrives the New Dilemma....

Old 08-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Beeline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts on coupes vs. sedans --- or your thoughts on the ACCORD COUPE vs. THE SEDAN too --- would be greatly appreciated friends!
This is really a strictly girlfriend/wife question
and consideration.

--I think you need the coupe!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:44 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by jschmid
Skabone, do you have a link for purchase?
no, I tried to google a couple of things and couldn't find a place that sells it.(maybe someone else can find a link) I guess you'd have to find someone in Japan that has a hook up. nevermind on that idea.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:13 AM
LowAccord

Just my two cents here.

In regards to the convenience factor, I recently got married, I have a house to keep up and a baby on the way and I can say that even a four door is not enough to haul stuff around, especially from those trips back from Home Depot. I end up borrowing my brothers pick'em up truck all the time. I hate doing it but I cringe at the site of sticking a hitch on my Accord sedan and pulling a little trailer behind it. My plan is to trade my wifes car for a medium size SUV and get a trailer for it.

I don't really like sedans, but I like my Accord, mostly because with just lowering it and slappin' some rims on it, it looks good even just sitting in traffic.

I think what you do to the car that you have says more about you then the car itself.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:11 AM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by DJSIII
Im wondering if going with a skirted out, rear spoilered four door sedan is going to portray enough of a "youthful image" because I just feel like I have grown out of the two door coupe thing but yet dont want a stodgy, boring family looking sedan, ya know?
no matter what you do to a camry, it will never look "youthful." if you're really that overly concerned about how "youthful" and sporty others will think of you and your car, you're barking up the wrong tree. camrys and accords shouldn't be on the top of your list, because they are boring family sedans.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 AM
DJSIII

"The Mugen kit is the one I showed you in a thread a few days ago...but I haven't seen anyone get it yet...if they did make it, it's going to be expensive. "

Shit......

"DJ...I really wouldn't make your car decision based on a lip kit. If you like the Camry better, then get it, but I wouldn't get it over the Accord just because they offer optional sideskirts and rear lip."

Well, the problem is, I like the exterior LOOK of that Camry SE with the body kit over the Accord....it just looks like such a damn sporty sedan......
Old 08-04-2005, 10:34 AM
DJSIII

Originally Posted by Beeline
This is really a strictly girlfriend/wife question
and consideration.

--I think you need the coupe!

Huh???? I dont getcha.....
Old 08-04-2005, 10:36 AM
DJSIII

Originally Posted by LowAccord
Just my two cents here.

In regards to the convenience factor, I recently got married, I have a house to keep up and a baby on the way and I can say that even a four door is not enough to haul stuff around, especially from those trips back from Home Depot. I end up borrowing my brothers pick'em up truck all the time. I hate doing it but I cringe at the site of sticking a hitch on my Accord sedan and pulling a little trailer behind it. My plan is to trade my wifes car for a medium size SUV and get a trailer for it.

I don't really like sedans, but I like my Accord, mostly because with just lowering it and slappin' some rims on it, it looks good even just sitting in traffic.

I think what you do to the car that you have says more about you then the car itself.
Thanks for your thoughts on this, man....

Yes, it does seem like SEDANS dont always carry EVERYTHING we need when we're out and about and stuff like that; sometimes SEDANS can be as cramped as coupes----take a look at compact ones like the Jetta or the EVO; so I guess you are right, whatever you DO to the car makes more importance than whether its two or four door.....
Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 AM
DJSIII

Originally Posted by mayonaise
no matter what you do to a camry, it will never look "youthful." if you're really that overly concerned about how "youthful" and sporty others will think of you and your car, you're barking up the wrong tree. camrys and accords shouldn't be on the top of your list, because they are boring family sedans.
I gotta tell ya though Mayo, this may be your opinion, but there is NO WAY that Camry SE looks like a boring family sedan with the skirt package----NO WAY----plus the rear wing on the back. I think you misunderstood what I meant about "youthful"; sure, all these Japanese sedans are going to convey something of a non-youthful image because of what they are; but as I just discussed with the poster before this, its more about what you DO to the car---two or four door guise---that makes the difference.....and in terms of the Camry, that factory body kit makes all the difference in the world to the sporty looks of that vehicle----or changing it to sporty looks for the vehicle.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:22 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by DJSIII
I gotta tell ya though Mayo, this may be your opinion, but there is NO WAY that Camry SE looks like a boring family sedan with the skirt package----NO WAY----plus the rear wing on the back. I think you misunderstood what I meant about "youthful"; sure, all these Japanese sedans are going to convey something of a non-youthful image because of what they are; but as I just discussed with the poster before this, its more about what you DO to the car---two or four door guise---that makes the difference.....and in terms of the Camry, that factory body kit makes all the difference in the world to the sporty looks of that vehicle----or changing it to sporty looks for the vehicle.
oh, there's "NO WAY" that the camry SE with the skirt package looks boring, is there - NO WAY? i supposed there's NO WAY that that may just be your opinion as well?

i'm not gonna tell you that your opinion about the car's appearance is wrong. everyone has different opinions about everything. but considering that the average age for a camry buyer is 55, and the average toyota buyer is 47; factory body kit or not, the toyota camry is quite plainly not a "youthful" car. toyota was, in fact, so worried about losing the youth market, that they started an entirely new brand to escape their own "old" image.

the camry is already stuck with the stigma of being an old-person's car, or at least a middle-age person's car. no body kit, spoiler or SE badge is going to take that away. it may do it for you - and again, i'm not arguing that - but since you're so pre-occupied with what other people think and being "seen," don't go thinking that slapping the factory body kit on it is suddenly going to make it look young and hip to the rest of the world.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:42 PM
jschmid

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree...if it's the "youthful image" you are going for, Accord and Camry sedans aren't going to cut it.

And slapping on a lip kit doesn't make the camry look sporty to me. It still looks bloated and 5 feet tall to me. Their smaller sedan the Corolla looks rediculous with it's lip kit.

I'm not a Toyota basher, I'd recommend one for my mom anyday of the week...better than the GM stuff my parents love to buy. And I'd love an IS300 for myself, but it's just that I don't think a Camry isn't what you are looking for if you want a youthful image.

But then again, you say that you want a sedan because you feel like you are getting older, etc...so maybe I'm not sure what you want.

If you want youthful image and a four door, get a WRX or something like that.