Notices

Coupe or Sedan....Here Arrives the New Dilemma....

Old 08-03-2005, 11:20 AM
DJSIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jschmid
Well when comparing Solara vs Camry, Accord coupe vs sedan, I would say that the general public probably do view the coupe version of the cars as more sporty. This doesn't mean the coupes are in fact more sporty, but I think whether this is enough to sway you to stick with a coupe, is up to you.
Well, like I said, my mind is made up; Im not trading in my coupe for a new coupe, so I would stick with it; but Im wondering if going with a skirted out, rear spoilered four door sedan is going to portray enough of a "youthful image" because I just feel like I have grown out of the two door coupe thing but yet dont want a stodgy, boring family looking sedan, ya know?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:29 AM
05Couper

Originally Posted by DJSIII
Well, like I said, my mind is made up; Im not trading in my coupe for a new coupe, so I would stick with it; but Im wondering if going with a skirted out, rear spoilered four door sedan is going to portray enough of a "youthful image" because I just feel like I have grown out of the two door coupe thing but yet dont want a stodgy, boring family looking sedan, ya know?
Well, keep in mind with that, that Honda only has a lip and trunk lid spoiler (2) for the sedans. Only the coupe has a full OEM lip kit.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
skabone69

yet dont want a stodgy, boring family looking sedan, ya know?
just look at jschmids ride? that does not look stodgy to me. throw a lip kit on a sedan, give it a mild drop and you'll instantly make the car look sporty.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
DJSIII

Originally Posted by 05Couper
Well, keep in mind with that, that Honda only has a lip and trunk lid spoiler (2) for the sedans. Only the coupe has a full OEM lip kit.
I KNOW this, thats why Im leaning towards the Camry SE with the factory body kit.....

UNLESS Honda is planning on releasing the 08s with some kind of kit for the sedans, but thats unlikely......
Old 08-03-2005, 11:37 AM
DJSIII

Originally Posted by skabone69
just look at jschmids ride? that does not look stodgy to me. throw a lip kit on a sedan, give it a mild drop and you'll instantly make the car look sporty.
Yeah, his sedan looks phat no doubt; but when you say "Lip Kit" you mean an all-around ground effects package, or just the front lip like Honda offers OEM? I really didnt wanna do anything aftermarket, and thats why I was leaning towards the Camry because they DO offer that OEM body kit direct from Toyota; the car is pretty stodgy inside, and the Accord's interior is MUCH nicer, but I just like the EXTERIOR of the Camry better I think, especially with the ground effects......
Old 08-03-2005, 12:19 PM
skabone69

Yeah, his sedan looks phat no doubt; but when you say "Lip Kit" you mean an all-around ground effects package, or just the front lip like Honda offers OEM? I really didnt wanna do anything aftermarket, and thats why I was leaning towards the Camry because they DO offer that OEM body kit direct from Toyota; the car is pretty stodgy inside, and the Accord's interior is MUCH nicer, but I just like the EXTERIOR of the Camry better I think, especially with the ground effects......
yeah, I mean an aftermarket ground effect kit that includes a front lip, rear lip, and side rocker covers. the Wings West kit is high quality kit, and the Xenon kit looks sweet too. they are made of eurathane so they fit very nice and they are really touch so they won't crack like fiberglass. I think they look as close to OEM as you can get.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:23 PM
DJSIII

yeah, I mean an aftermarket ground effect kit that includes a front lip, rear lip, and side rocker covers. the Wings West kit is high quality kit, and the Xenon kit looks sweet too. they are made of eurathane so they fit very nice and they are really touch so they won't crack like fiberglass. I think they look as close to OEM as you can get.
......and I'd be able to get one for the seventh generation sedan?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
skabone69

......and I'd be able to get one for the seventh generation sedan?
yeah, and its technically oem. Mugen makes a kit for the accord sedan.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
DJSIII

yeah, and its technically oem. Mugen makes a kit for the accord sedan.
....but I would need to get it installed and painted, right?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
jschmid

The Mugen kit is the one I showed you in a thread a few days ago...but I haven't seen anyone get it yet...if they did make it, it's going to be expensive.

Skabone, do you have a link for purchase?

DJ...I really wouldn't make your car decision based on a lip kit. If you like the Camry better, then get it, but I wouldn't get it over the Accord just because they offer optional sideskirts and rear lip.