Notices

Coupe or Sedan....Here Arrives the New Dilemma....

Old 08-08-2005, 02:20 PM
DJSIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jschmid
So do you believe everything you read on message boards? I was just trying to help you out...geez.
Alright, J, take it easy man.....I KNOW you were trying to help out and I appreciate it, but you HAVE to understand how it was PERCEIVED by someone else (that someone else being me) in regard to HOW you WROTE your reply----you were making it seem as if I was ignorant to the fact that these cars are going to go UP in price, which Im aware of, and I was simply trying to say that someone on here SAID they're going to fully loaded sticker at 27K.....now, OF COURSE, you cant believe everything you read on message boards but NOW youre taking a stance of message boards not really being that reliable.....so which is it....are we here to GIVE honest knowledge or make up stories about what a car is going to cost and such? I mean come on, think about this and work with me here.....what is the POINT of the message board then?

That being said, SPOKEN AS AN ADULT ON THIS MATTER (and one that I respect after all the inspiring talk you gave me about finding a new love in this part of my life), your take is that a FULLY LOADED Acura TSX with the body package is DEFINITELY going to come in over the price of a loaded Accord or Camry?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:37 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by DJSIII
Alright, J, take it easy man.....I KNOW you were trying to help out and I appreciate it, but you HAVE to understand how it was PERCEIVED by someone else (that someone else being me) in regard to HOW you WROTE your reply----you were making it seem as if I was ignorant to the fact that these cars are going to go UP in price, which Im aware of, and I was simply trying to say that someone on here SAID they're going to fully loaded sticker at 27K.....now, OF COURSE, you cant believe everything you read on message boards but NOW youre taking a stance of message boards not really being that reliable.....so which is it....are we here to GIVE honest knowledge or make up stories about what a car is going to cost and such? I mean come on, think about this and work with me here.....what is the POINT of the message board then?

That being said, SPOKEN AS AN ADULT ON THIS MATTER (and one that I respect after all the inspiring talk you gave me about finding a new love in this part of my life), your take is that a FULLY LOADED Acura TSX with the body package is DEFINITELY going to come in over the price of a loaded Accord or Camry?
Come on man, don't take such a political stand on everything. It's not all black or white. There is some good info on message boards, there is some speculation, and sure, sometimes there is misinformation.

Let's be realistic here...if a TSX starts at $27K, and the A spec package is $4330 plus installation, do you really think they are just going to start selling it with the Aspec package for $27K?

http://www.hondanews.com/catID3079?m...42339&mime=asc

Have you compared the prices of Accord, Camry, and TSX equipped the way you want? Go to the manufacturer sites and do the build your own to at least get an idea of the MSRP. I'm not saying that you should go with the cheapest, but that'll at least give you an idea.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:44 PM
DJSIII

"Come on man, don't take such a political stand on everything. It's not all black or white."

Oh boy; another misunderstanding.....Im not even going to GO back here with this discussion.....forget it.

"Let's be realistic here...if a TSX starts at $27K, and the A spec package is $4330 plus installation, do you really think they are just going to start selling it with the Aspec package for $27K?"

So what was that poster's POINT? I am assuming then that the TSX is out of my ball park.

"Have you compared the prices of Accord, Camry, and TSX equipped the way you want?"

Only the Camry and Accord, not the TSX, AT ACTUAL dealerships.

"Go to the manufacturer sites and do the build your own to at least get an idea of the MSRP. I'm not saying that you should go with the cheapest, but that'll at least give you an idea."

Yes, I have attempted this, although many of these sites (particularaly Toyota's) makes it VERY difficult to navigate and get a price quote with accessories; of course, in reality and on paper, it does SEEM as if the Acura would be most expensive.....however, I gotta tell you, there are some Toyota dealerships in the Vegas area that have quoted me 30 grand for this car with the body kit.....thats simply outrageous to me......
Old 08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Coupe or Sedan....

hhmm we have one of each, they both have pluses.

I love the doors for the sedans rear seats, I also think the sedan has less twist in the chassis.

That said, the coupe seats-floorpan set so much lower, it gives the driver a more sporty lowered feel behind the wheel.

Which would you rather prefer? I purchased the coupe over the sedan in '00 to get the lower sportier drivers position. But we have a sedan now too and I have learned to value the rear doors very much.

But for driver comfort the seats in the coupe rock, plus the coupe seats have more travel so I can get just the right angle (for me) with my legs better in the coupe, I can't do that with our TSX or the '02 EXV6 sedan.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:01 AM
DJSIII

Thanks for your thoughts, Chad, as the member with the hottest red coupe around (aside from me)....hehehehehhee.....ONLY KIDDING....

"That said, the coupe seats-floorpan set so much lower, it gives the driver a more sporty lowered feel behind the wheel."

THATS what Im feeling in MY coupe too, and feel like Im simply "outgrowing".....its weird.....

"Which would you rather prefer? I purchased the coupe over the sedan in '00 to get the lower sportier drivers position. But we have a sedan now too and I have learned to value the rear doors very much."

Interesting points; its ironic that this "lower driving position" is what I feel like I am "outgrowing" the more time I spend with the coupe (had her since late 1998).....not that I would NEED the rear doors of the sedan so much, but four doors, I am beginning to learn, just offer so much more convenience when you wouldnt expect it----like when you're hauling groceries home or shit like that......

"But for driver comfort the seats in the coupe rock, plus the coupe seats have more travel so I can get just the right angle (for me) with my legs better in the coupe, I can't do that with our TSX or the '02 EXV6 sedan."

Interesting.....I have a hard time getting comfortable in the driver's seat of my 99 coupe; ESPECIALLY when a valet parker or Honda dealer service rep pulls my car up and has completely changed my setting....man do I HATE that.....

Thanks for your thoughts, Chad! Great discussion guys and what I was looking to banter about in here! Keep it up!