Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another NOS question

Old 08-27-2002, 10:07 PM
Mid9Joker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everytime I got my mind made up i always come across new stuffs that would oppose my decision, but keep in mind i'm going to take it easy on the shots, i won't go higher than 50, i read through several big sites and they all say i will be ok with a stock engine running a dry 50 shots system set up, but i don't now, i'm tearing my hair out.
I did mention it was an automatic, is it gonna be a big problem? Any autos out there with n2o on thier car?
Old 08-28-2002, 12:24 AM
SIGMA CHI GUY

First off...when you use nitrous, your first cylinder gets more of the nitrous which means it'll run more lean if anything and your last cylinder gets the least...

I just installed a Zex dry kit for my 1998 Accord, 4 cylinder a few weeks ago...I've been through about half a bottle and no problems...

If your not gonna squeeze more than a 75 shot, save yourself the trouble and get a dry setup.....its a lot easier to install...but if you think you might go more, then get a wet setup to make sure u have enough fuel to support the nitrous...

From my own experience, the 55 shot was worthless. It didn't really give that big of a kick and I was almost disappointed. So what I did was throw in the 75 shot (after checked the plugs with the 55 which were normal) and the 75 shot was insane. It hit waaaaay hard and my car was another machine doing something I never thought it could do. I checked the plugs on the 75 and they looked normal also. So I called into Zex to see what they thought cause I really didn't want the 55 since it didn't really feel like much and the retard with the 75 is 4 degrees which is a lot and on the 65 shot is 2 degrees and thats what they recommended me going with since I have a bigger block at 2.3 than the B16 and B18 motors they test on. They said I will be ok with the 65 shot without doing the retard and that the 75 would be ok too, but I would need to get a retard. So I put the 65 in and it hit waaay harder than the 55 but just a little less than the 75 so I'm definitely happy with it right now. Its a nice kick...purging is phat too...

Good luck!!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:00 AM
Mid9Joker

do you have a stick or an automatic?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:36 AM
93accord

I have a stick, if you would like to see the installed setup, check out this link.
http://board.hondasociety.com/showth...threadid=61826
Old 08-28-2002, 10:01 AM
SIGMA CHI GUY

I have stick...

As for where the fogger should go, I put mine about 1.5 to 2 feet away from the throttle body. Its kinda in the middle of the intake if not closer to the filter. I have a short ram...when I talked to Zex, they said anywhere 8 inches or farther away from the throttle body but personally I'd put it near the filter if anything...Zex also said that they have a lot of people who put it far away and that they also have heard of people who put it right by the filter in a cold air intake...It just allows the mixture to blend well before getting into your motor and that there is NO power loss since its hitting at about 900 to 1000 psi.....So put it at least a foot away I'd say.....its safer and worse comes to worse you'll be getting maybe a little less nitrous if anything than putting it closer which is obviously better than too much nitrous.

As far as engine wear and tear...detonation and running lean are the major causes but if you already have damaged parts, using nitrous will only accelerate these problems. I honestly believe that if you check your plugs regularly and make sure you do all the maintenence and check ups on your car and motor that nitrous will be fine for your car. There will obviously be some wear and tear though...

As for me, I've been through half a bottle now and will probably go through a couple before winter comes and thats when I'm planning to build my motor...pistons, rods, rings, sleeved, etc. So when thats done I plan on squeezing 100 shot until next summer when I'll have money again for my turbo setup.....:thumbup:

Good luck...
Old 08-28-2002, 10:04 AM
SIGMA CHI GUY

Hey, 93ACCORD.....

What company of nitrous are you using, what shot, and how long have you had it (how many bottles about)...

Thanks!! (Just curious)
Old 08-28-2002, 11:35 AM
Mid9Joker

automatic suck ass big time, for those with n2o on thier automatic, how do you work it? Obviously you can't squeeze while the car is changing gear, consider all the fact such as Zex only spray at WOT and the fact you don't know when your car is gonna change gear, it's too confusing.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:53 PM
93accord

Originally posted by SIGMA CHI GUY
Hey, 93ACCORD.....

What company of nitrous are you using, what shot, and how long have you had it (how many bottles about)...

Thanks!! (Just curious)
i have the NOS sportsman fogger kit. I just finished the install on sunday, i would say probably about 1/2 a bottle ran through, but no track times yet. my bro is getting married in less than 2 weeks so i dont have time to go yet ill update you with some time slips after i do make it there tho
Old 08-29-2002, 10:03 PM
frank
frank from canada

how much is it to refill a bottle?
Old 08-29-2002, 11:25 PM
Mid9Joker

around 30 bucks or so