Notices

is aem really worth the price?

Old 01-19-2005, 04:55 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wesside
CL-S cams would do hondadriver22 cuz I think he has a h22?

Nightshade I said I think it was in super street shit havent seen the mag in a month. Anyway there is some really good sites out there that can give you the breakdown on vtec and there cams etc.. find out what is best for your setup/pockets hondadriver22.

There was something besides t1t$, @$$, and rice in an issue of super street? F**k*** $h1t the world is now going to end, I'm sure of it.

Super street has tech articles?
Old 01-19-2005, 09:45 PM
showgunz

How would cam gears help OBD-II engines? I thought you can't advance/retard timing on these engines since ALL timing is determined by the ECU? A cheap way to advance/retard timing on pre-OBD engines was to rotate the distributor cap. :-D

For power, I'd get yourself maybe some custom exhaust piping, pulleys, camSHAFT, and some V-AFC or better yet AEM EMS tuning. Intakes and headers don't give you as much power/$ you spend on the Accord. Unless, if you buy them used or fake for REAL cheap. Web makes some camshafts but I'd stay away from Bullfrog or Gude. They're not as reputable as Web. There may be others but they'll most likely be custom jobs costing you lots of $$$.

Also, port & polishing the head will give you good gains as well as boring the throttle body and port-matching it with the intake manifold. The key is to allow the engine to breathe in and out better and tune the ECU. You don't have to worry about fuel delivery since the stock system will suffice until you go extreme. Same for ignition except that platinum plugs aren't the best for the job so should be replaced for copper or iridium.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:53 AM
bonestock

cam timing and ignition timing are two different things.

ignition timing CAN be adjusted via the dizzy. i used to think the same thing about odb2 but i saw a thread over at HT where guys were flamin each other over this topic and all the odb2 guys posted that they retard ignition timing the same way obd1 cars do, jump the car into loop mode and move the dizzy.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:11 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Originally Posted by MrChad
There was something besides t1t$, @$$, and rice in an issue of super street? F**k*** $h1t the world is now going to end, I'm sure of it.
LoL it was a mag my little bro had at work. Coulda been super street, import tuner or Sport Compact... look either way it was a great 5 page article breaking down vtec and camshafts.. What I got out of it was that skunk2 has a really good stage1 setup
Old 01-20-2005, 02:44 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wesside
CL-S cams would do hondadriver22 cuz I think he has a h22?.
Uh, what? If you're attempting to say that CL-S cams won't fit in an H22, that's a very astute observation. Perhaps that's why I said my car...I was using it as an example. And no, he most certainly does not have an H22.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:09 PM
dank24

Speaking about camshafts. Does anyone make a camshaft for a d15b? If so anyone have a site?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:18 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

not sure how this went off tangent but the only reason i bought an aem intake was to pass smog....same as my dc header.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Cosmo M3
Lurker

Originally Posted by dank24
Speaking about camshafts. Does anyone make a camshaft for a d15b? If so anyone have a site?
you already have a camshaft, why do you want another one? If you're talking about performance cams, then I highly doubt it. Especially for a D15.

btw, this thread is back from the dead
Old 09-15-2005, 10:48 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Through my experience with various Honda engines-- intake, header and exhaust do not give noticable power gains without TUNING! Even with tuning the gains are marginal. If you want power, boost it up or better yet learn to drive better.

Said it a thousand times but i'll say it again, driver skill greater than almost any possible mod. A lot of old foggies with stock cars destroy the young dudes with hopped up jdm rides at the track.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:40 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by dank24
webcamshafts may.....