Notices

finally my tein ss mmm

Old 07-06-2004, 08:40 AM
skabone69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skabone69
I'm getting the Acura TL-S type rear sway installed tommrow and I'll let you know what the difference is.
I didn't take any pice, but the stock sway is definately smaller then the S-type sway. I believe the stock sway was 17mm, and the S-type is 19mm. After driving around with the thicker rear sway, it really makes a difference. I can make some real hard turns with a lot more confidence. the sway bar, bushings, brackets and endlinks cost me $140. If you can save your end links you can do it for about $70. I just figured put on new end links as they are old any way. Its been wet out and I've only been able to push it so hard, I can't wait for it to dry up in the next couple of days. a rear sway is definately worth installing.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:47 AM
flyromeo3

Honda stock sway bars Front/ Rear for LX, EX, SE models 26.5/16.0

LX V6 and Ex V6 ----27.2/16.0
Old 07-08-2004, 04:37 AM
accord_coupe01

why did u buy new endlinks? when I changed mine all it took was the bar, busshings and brackets ~$45 and a super difference in just 3mm. I wonder how great the ST bar feels with a 6mm upgrade?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Rollin'5

Originally Posted by accord_coupe01
why did u buy new endlinks? when I changed mine all it took was the bar, busshings and brackets ~$45 and a super difference in just 3mm. I wonder how great the ST bar feels with a 6mm upgrade?
Demented as hell.
I have the ST front and rear, made a pretty big diff over stock. Then again I put the Tein SS on and the ST's on at the same time but the end result is the car is a LOT more responsive and much more confident during lane changes, turns, twisties
Old 07-08-2004, 08:07 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by accord_coupe01
cause the nuts are a pain to get off, and we had to cut the bolt off. I wanted to make sure I had all the parts just in case. the endlinks cost about 70, but I figured screw it and put on some new ones. the salt and rock from the lovely roads put a bunch of burrs onto the threads and so I was glad I had the new endlinks handy.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:33 AM
jason2713

i have the basic tein coil overs and they are so freaking loud!! i am now ordering the tein SS, will they make noise also? how does the upper pillow ball mounts compare to the regular SS? Does it make a difference? I am looking for everyday driving most of the time (so soft ride as I live in the city and dont wanna feel EVERY pot hole) and if I were to go to the track, I can adjust them. Does this seem like a good fit? I will post picutres of the 2003 accord coupe soon, I need to get all this stuff done to it.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:54 PM
showgunz

Originally Posted by strykernyc
thansk maukio, well the front stock schock has a little piece that the tein ss needs and when i was taking them out i lose some screw and was pushing it out and the damn thing just cameout like a bullet, i am just glad it flew out forward away from me because if not it would taken my balls out in the position i was holding it lol

sonyaccord, yes u can adjust any side the way u want, basically anything u want fromt heght to the way they feel.

i drove the car for a while in the standard setting the way the manual says and then i change the heigh , btw my manual the one it came with, only says about the heigh the way it should b for a little bit but the numbers it dont matter.
If only i live n cali.

oh i pay $825 including shipping from a company n cali so i think they are very worth it i really thank whoever told me here to wait.

hey let me know when u get that rear sway bar and take some pics
Dude, who was selling them for $825 shipped? prostreetonline.com perhaps? I was thinking of ordering from them before but waited.