Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   finally my tein ss mmm (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/145904-finally-my-tein-ss-mmm.html)

strykernyc 07-03-2004 07:26 PM

finally my tein ss mmm

so finally got my tein ss for my 96 accord sedan last week, here is a pic. i already install them and i will b taking pics soon when i get a chance, I already made a trip from nyc to mass. nothing but good stuff about this tein ss. my settings were 8 n front for soft and 16 in the back for stiff. what can i say, only that u most test drive an accord with this suspension because i really cant explain how good it feels, wayyyyy better than my stock shocks/springs. i can actually drive in nyc without fking up my car. when i install it i had no idea how low it was going to be, it was freaking low i drove around the block and everywhere it touch the floor so now i raise it up to a nice perfect drop. i love very bit of it. now i am want the front and rear sway bars. btw i never felt so good to drive in the i95 for so many hrs, so fast and not feel the road ;)

strykernyc 07-03-2004 07:33 PM

saddd

ohh this is sad i feel bad if i only knew that the "front" shock/springs had compress air on them. some how the spring just flew out of the schock like a rocket and took this guy off the air. the spring end up like 100 feet away and some other parts everywhere.
this little guy die instantly. i try to save him but water didnt do much help.

strykernyc 07-03-2004 07:42 PM

here is some before and after pic, all i got for now i will post some complete pics soon. what u guys think? best and worst all welcome :)

Maukio 07-03-2004 08:00 PM

Holy cow, how did the spring get loose exactly?? I've heard horror stories of stuff like that happening and people dying from it. I guess this is another to add to the list since there was a death. Poor Mr. Dragonfly. Oh yeah, and that drop looks great dude.

Rollin'5 07-03-2004 11:55 PM

Congrats on ****ing up a set of Tein SS sub $1000 suspension system.
If you had read the directions you would have read it says specifically to set them 8 front and 8 rear in order for the coilovers to "break in" properly.
I would suggest setting 8/8 or I honestly have no clue wth is going to happen for you down the line.
By the way........ if you want to and are local to so cal.....im planning a hotwings trip to hooters tomorrow........er....... today......
lemme know if you want to go

9 W
Hooters of Long Beach
562-983-1010 130 Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802
10 SE
Hooters of Newport Beach
949-566-9464 2406 Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663
11 NE
Hooters of Anaheim
714-634-9464 2438 E Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92806

SonY:)AccOrd 07-04-2004 02:05 AM

with thoes springs and shocks you can adjust to what levels of height you want on both sides?

skabone69 07-04-2004 06:30 AM

congrats on the Teins. the drop looks good. I've had the Tein SS for about 2years and they are great and I know exactly what you mean when you say you have to ride in a car that has them. as for sways, I'd only recommend getting a rear sway. that way if your taking corners you'll be able to get a feeling of a little over steer. I've driven a buddies 6th gen accord with a stiff suspension setup with a rear sway and its almost like the car's tail starts to kick out when you whip the car around a turn. I'm hoping my car will be like soon. I'm getting the Acura TL-S type rear sway installed tommrow and I'll let you know what the difference is. have fun with the new toy, on ramps and off ramps just became more fun.:D

strykernyc 07-04-2004 09:36 AM

thansk maukio, well the front stock schock has a little piece that the tein ss needs and when i was taking them out i lose some screw and was pushing it out and the damn thing just cameout like a bullet, i am just glad it flew out forward away from me because if not it would taken my balls out in the position i was holding it lol

sonyaccord, yes u can adjust any side the way u want, basically anything u want fromt heght to the way they feel.

i drove the car for a while in the standard setting the way the manual says and then i change the heigh , btw my manual the one it came with, only says about the heigh the way it should b for a little bit but the numbers it dont matter.
If only i live n cali.

oh i pay $825 including shipping from a company n cali so i think they are very worth it i really thank whoever told me here to wait.

hey let me know when u get that rear sway bar and take some pics :D

Rollin'5 07-04-2004 10:47 AM

Really?
Hmph....interesting.
Well glad ur enjoyying it, u should notice they feel better within about a week.
BUT go change ur rear man........it says on page 2 that they are set hardest from factory and after installation you should rotate each knob counter clockwise, 8 clicks which would set them to 8 on each shock body which would set them about middle firmness. They recommend this for the first couple weeks to allow the coilovers to "break in" properly.
After that, u can go as nuts as you want.

Surfacing171 07-04-2004 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by strykernyc
oh i pay $825 including shipping

Damn good price! :eek: Love the new look. We need some shots with the full view of the car.