Notices

finally my tein ss mmm

Old 07-03-2004, 07:26 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default finally my tein ss mmm

so finally got my tein ss for my 96 accord sedan last week, here is a pic. i already install them and i will b taking pics soon when i get a chance, I already made a trip from nyc to mass. nothing but good stuff about this tein ss. my settings were 8 n front for soft and 16 in the back for stiff. what can i say, only that u most test drive an accord with this suspension because i really cant explain how good it feels, wayyyyy better than my stock shocks/springs. i can actually drive in nyc without fking up my car. when i install it i had no idea how low it was going to be, it was freaking low i drove around the block and everywhere it touch the floor so now i raise it up to a nice perfect drop. i love very bit of it. now i am want the front and rear sway bars. btw i never felt so good to drive in the i95 for so many hrs, so fast and not feel the road
Old 07-03-2004, 07:33 PM
strykernyc

Default saddd

ohh this is sad i feel bad if i only knew that the "front" shock/springs had compress air on them. some how the spring just flew out of the schock like a rocket and took this guy off the air. the spring end up like 100 feet away and some other parts everywhere.
this little guy die instantly. i try to save him but water didnt do much help.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:42 PM
strykernyc

here is some before and after pic, all i got for now i will post some complete pics soon. what u guys think? best and worst all welcome
Old 07-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Maukio
99 Accord LX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy cow, how did the spring get loose exactly?? I've heard horror stories of stuff like that happening and people dying from it. I guess this is another to add to the list since there was a death. Poor Mr. Dragonfly. Oh yeah, and that drop looks great dude.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Rollin'5

Congrats on ****ing up a set of Tein SS sub $1000 suspension system.
If you had read the directions you would have read it says specifically to set them 8 front and 8 rear in order for the coilovers to "break in" properly.
I would suggest setting 8/8 or I honestly have no clue wth is going to happen for you down the line.
By the way........ if you want to and are local to so cal.....im planning a hotwings trip to hooters tomorrow........er....... today......
lemme know if you want to go

9 W
Hooters of Long Beach
562-983-1010 130 Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802
10 SE
Hooters of Newport Beach
949-566-9464 2406 Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663
11 NE
Hooters of Anaheim
714-634-9464 2438 E Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92806
Old 07-04-2004, 02:05 AM
SonY:)AccOrd
GOSU

with thoes springs and shocks you can adjust to what levels of height you want on both sides?
Old 07-04-2004, 06:30 AM
skabone69

congrats on the Teins. the drop looks good. I've had the Tein SS for about 2years and they are great and I know exactly what you mean when you say you have to ride in a car that has them. as for sways, I'd only recommend getting a rear sway. that way if your taking corners you'll be able to get a feeling of a little over steer. I've driven a buddies 6th gen accord with a stiff suspension setup with a rear sway and its almost like the car's tail starts to kick out when you whip the car around a turn. I'm hoping my car will be like soon. I'm getting the Acura TL-S type rear sway installed tommrow and I'll let you know what the difference is. have fun with the new toy, on ramps and off ramps just became more fun.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:36 AM
strykernyc

thansk maukio, well the front stock schock has a little piece that the tein ss needs and when i was taking them out i lose some screw and was pushing it out and the damn thing just cameout like a bullet, i am just glad it flew out forward away from me because if not it would taken my balls out in the position i was holding it lol

sonyaccord, yes u can adjust any side the way u want, basically anything u want fromt heght to the way they feel.

i drove the car for a while in the standard setting the way the manual says and then i change the heigh , btw my manual the one it came with, only says about the heigh the way it should b for a little bit but the numbers it dont matter.
If only i live n cali.

oh i pay $825 including shipping from a company n cali so i think they are very worth it i really thank whoever told me here to wait.

hey let me know when u get that rear sway bar and take some pics
Old 07-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Rollin'5

Really?
Hmph....interesting.
Well glad ur enjoyying it, u should notice they feel better within about a week.
BUT go change ur rear man........it says on page 2 that they are set hardest from factory and after installation you should rotate each knob counter clockwise, 8 clicks which would set them to 8 on each shock body which would set them about middle firmness. They recommend this for the first couple weeks to allow the coilovers to "break in" properly.
After that, u can go as nuts as you want.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally Posted by strykernyc
oh i pay $825 including shipping
Damn good price! Love the new look. We need some shots with the full view of the car.