Notices

Accord heart transplant??

Old 06-23-2004, 10:16 AM
ridinlo95accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord heart transplant??

hey guys my 95 accord is about to get a heart transplant and i need some advice. I have an H22 in my garage and im debating on what kind of head work to do. I can either replace all of the springs and vales, the whole works myself, or ive been thinking about getting a Mugen Head, however i dont know about prices or comparison in performance so if anyone has any idea about those tweo please let me know what you think and what i should do, im trying to get 500hp from it and im slowly on my way i just dont know what to do about the head please help out any help is good help.

thanks guys
ridinlo95accord
Old 06-23-2004, 10:20 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

^you want to get 500hp from the H22. i suggest you do a lot more research and see that this going to cost you alot more money than you think.

why not swap the motor in and be happy with that. a 500hp accord is just a waste of money.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:23 AM
ridinlo95accord

why is that a waste of money, i think itll be good for the import scene if you think about it any T/A stock would get wasted with a 500 horse accord im tired of all these muscle cars thinkin they r the shit when really we could take their shit easy with a 500 horse accord.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:28 AM
accordhybrid

Dude listen to what you are saying you are trying to race V8's let me give you a bid of advice if that is really what you want to do. Sell the accord get a civic then drop the H22 in there and NOS it or turbo.

Remember its not about how much power you make its all about power to weight ratio

Please read up

Accordhybrid
Old 06-23-2004, 10:45 AM
flyromeo3

N/A 2.2L engine 500hp....NEGATIVE..
Even with forced induction i doubt you will get up to 500.
If its possible expect to just hand over your savings and credit cards to the sellers of the parts.

If you got the money you could do whatever.
Bring up the horses on that engine to 350.
That will kill most cars on the road right now......Except for my VW
Old 06-23-2004, 10:59 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

500is a bit steep i would go with the previously suggested 350hp or even 300and you will be good i'd also get something smaller and stuff that motor in it like a civic or even a crx
Old 06-23-2004, 12:00 PM
ridinlo95accord

well let me tell you what i want to do to it and see what you guys think. i plan on takin the crank and gettin it balance then bore it out from 2.2 to a 2.3 maybe 2.4 if i can get some pistons that size, then rebuild the head with titanium springs and valves put some aggresive cams in( i dont know what brand though, prob skunk 2 cams and aem cam gears and underdrive pulleys) aem fuel rail and fuel press reg racing radiator high flow water pump use the metal hoses ngk plugs new plug wires prob drop the A/C for that little extra hp get the greddy turbo kit and intercooler and upgrade from that, im also gonna rebuild the lude tranny with a stage 4 ACT clutch and flywheel possibly put new gears in it with racing axles, get bigger brakes prob brembo brakes. thats it for the lude motor ive already got a DC CAI and Greddy EVO II which im gonna keep,(ive got DC stainless headers on right now but they wont work with the lude motor) ive already got DC stainless header for the lude and a high flow cat converter, the type s motor stock has 235hp so let me ask you will doing all this only give me 350 hp? If so im gonna sell the lude motor and build the F22, so let me know what you guys think,
Old 06-23-2004, 12:13 PM
accordhybrid

so really the only mods you are doing is I/H/E, Head work, cams, new pistons, and underdrive pulleys. That will yield you about 210-215 to the wheels with a really good program and some tuning (from a good tuner). Are you looking for wheel HP or flywheel?

I hope you are planning on running sleeves in your motor since you are not using stock pistons anymore.

Accordhybrid
Old 06-23-2004, 12:13 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Hey man I put it like this, try and go for them most hp you can. My friend boosted accord, some of you should remember him, had a tubro f22 putting down 270whp. This is a fully built motor from top to bottom. He could've easly pushed it too 300+whp but this place **** his bottom end up. If you want big numbers, you want big boost. NA will only go but so far. You can boost the h22 but it is going to be $$$ and you won't be able to produce the large numbers you want. Their's no replacement for displacement. So I would just work on the f22 but hey man, go for what you want. I wish you good luck just keep us updated on the progress.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:06 PM
ridinlo95accord

so r you saying i should go with the H23? the H23 has the same stroke as the F22 however it has the bore of the H22, so really it has the best of both worlds...I plan on using boost to get the higher hp, and im hoping to push around 15-20lbs of boost if the motor can hold it i think itll be able to hold it though, ill let you guys no how it goes itll be a little bit bc i just spent a lot on the motor to get it so ill have to save up some to begin the work, it looks good all torn apart in the garage though, ha ha i cant wait to get her in though its gonna be fun even if i dont get what i want itll b better than what i have now, an old beat F22 with 190,000 miles and an I/H/E and some suspension work done, but it holds its own against the rice so its all good!

good luck to everyone and thanks for the help!