Notices

Accord heart transplant??

Old 06-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Rollin'5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecaccord01
350 whp with h22 turbo, nice. Did he tune it as much as possible?
He tuned it on a n/a head and cam profile so yea it was tuned but then blown after about a year and a half of usage..............there was a ton of shit that went into that motor and then lots more came spewing out when it blew..my bad on the 350 crank, that was wheels hahah my bro jus yelled at me for that.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:33 PM
cwa107

Hmmm.... wonder if an Accord chassis can even handle 500hp without significant bolstering. Something to think about. I know a lot of the muscle car guys sometimes have to stiffen the chassis to accomodate that kind of power. Anyway, that would be one hella torque-steering SOB. Probably would be barely driveable. If you're going to do a 4 cylinder buildup like that, you might want to consider a RWD platform.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by cwa107
Hmmm.... wonder if an Accord chassis can even handle 500hp without significant bolstering. Something to think about. I know a lot of the muscle car guys sometimes have to stiffen the chassis to accomodate that kind of power. Anyway, that would be one hella torque-steering SOB. Probably would be barely driveable. If you're going to do a 4 cylinder buildup like that, you might want to consider a RWD platform.
the muscle car guys have to stiffen the chassis to accomodate the twisting from the torque produced by those engines twisting the chassis on a RWD platform.. doubt you'd need that much reinforcement on even a boosted honda engine because they don't make that much torque.