Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCarParts Intake

Old 08-06-2002, 12:00 PM
pimpachu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProCarParts Intake

I just got this intake as a gift it was 40 bucks. It looks nice and came with no instructions.Typical....of PCP and only came with one hose(breather), I hear that u have to close a hose that goes to the Throttle Body a FIA line w/ a foam filter and re-route the Water hose, is that all i have to do, i mean besides taking out the Res box and the Air box. I have a 97 Accord EX auto VTEC. Any help would be great and if u know where i can get the other Essential components that PCP doesnt give in their kits. What comes with AEM kits? Does anyone have a manual in PDF or an extra one? or just the page that tells how to do the secondary stuff? Thanx again.Does anybody think the painting my Intake pipe with a High Heat ceramic paint would help (1500 degrees)?
Old 08-06-2002, 01:21 PM
bonestock

i got a CAI from PCP a while ago and same deal w/ no instructions, but the pipe should already have a heat resistant type of coating on it. you do basically everything you said. the intake works pretty good too, i acutally like it better than my AEM short ram, got the AEM cuz the CAI didnt have CARB #'s. my AEM pipe looks so small(diameter-wise) compared to the generic CAI..
Old 08-06-2002, 04:15 PM
oofrost

Originally posted by bonestock
i got a CAI from PCP a while ago and same deal w/ no instructions, but the pipe should already have a heat resistant type of coating on it. you do basically everything you said. the intake works pretty good too, i acutally like it better than my AEM short ram, got the AEM cuz the CAI didnt have CARB #'s. my AEM pipe looks so small(diameter-wise) compared to the generic CAI..
i feel the same way.

you shouldn't need any other hoses, just try putting it on.