Notices

OEM fog lights/procarparts

Old 08-26-2002, 01:31 PM
civicboi95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM fog lights/procarparts

hey people. I'm looking to get the OEM "style" fog lights for my 95 civic coupe off of www.procarparts.com

does anyone have any experience with either of these? i want to improve visiblity. I'll be using NONhyperwhites. Is this a reputable company? Also, how hard are these to install? thanx
Old 08-26-2002, 03:59 PM
VTEC

Ask/PM "White95CivicSi" on this board...he's an expert with OEM-style fogs.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:03 PM
civicboi95

thanks, i'll do that.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:25 PM
str8edgexx

I don't have the specific ones your talking about, but I can comment on fog lights in general. I had normal halogen head lights on my old car and amber fog lights. The fog lights didn't really do much, because they blended in with the normal lights. They did look cool however. When I got my civic, I mounted the same lights on it, but this time paired with hyper white head lights. As I'm sure you already know, the hyperwhites suck in snow and rain. Since they were white/blue, my amber fog lights provided a really nice contrast, especially in inclement weather. They were a nice improvement. I'm sure the oem similar are going to be similar to this. Still, check with that guy VTEC mentioned and see what he has to say. Hope I was a help
Old 08-27-2002, 08:33 AM
VTEC

$100 is about right for OEM-style foglights. Also check nopi.com and your local Autozone store. Autozone can special order OEM-style foglights by Pilot (www.pilotautomotive.com). I don't know how much though, so you will need to check.

Try this thread...

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=15907
Old 08-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well. there's a difference between 'fog' lights and 'driving' lights. It's easy to confuse the two... fogs are supposed to assits you in inclement weather, not neccesarily to enchance regular driving. PIAA makes really good fogs, my friend has them on his Legend, I can't post a pic, but I will try when I get home.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-27-2002, 12:39 PM
White95CivicSi

i'll reply to this again when i have time. just typed up a long reply and for some reason i had to log in again and everything got erased.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:10 PM
civicboi95

thanks whitecivicsi. Also, do u have any pix of the switch? where are you located? would you be willing to sell yours?
Old 08-27-2002, 04:01 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by civicboi95
thanks whitecivicsi. Also, do u have any pix of the switch? where are you located? would you be willing to sell yours?
check it out in this thread
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=15907
Old 08-28-2002, 12:46 PM
White95CivicSi

as for procarparts.com, i hear they suck in doing business through their website, but on the other hand i also heard if you buy from them through ebay they're pretty good. i guess they don't want bad feedback on ebay.

if you want OEM style to help with visibility, get the 'fog' light type. the 'driving' type aren't that much help, unless you have some low output hyper white headlights.

Foglight beam pattern:

Driving light beam pattern:

it's kind of a hassle to install. you have to cut out the outer grills on the bumper, and wire up everything. you also have to take off the lower dash panel to get to the defrost switch. the foglight switch goes next to the defrost switch. oh i have Depo foglights. before that i had the driving type by Esuse. the Depos have a better spread (like in the above illustrations) compared to the Esuse.

Quick Reply: OEM fog lights/procarparts