Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just wondering what you guys think / what i should do

Old 01-31-2004, 04:39 PM
ODUB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FREE IDEAS for your 6th gen, thank me later ....go with do it yourself clear or black housing headlights (do a search for the thread, it's simple shit), paint the car black, get a good set of springs like H&R, neuspeed, or eibach, mate them with a good shock like koni or tokico, strut bars (modified suspensions are great, trust me..best money i ever spent) get some 17" or 18" wheels (forged if possible), gunmetal or black finish with polished lip, or just go full silver (no chrome please), get a VIS racing carbon fiber hood, i didn't notice if your car has a wing or not, if not leave it bare ass, or if u have to get one, just go OEM...but bare ass is best, interior already looks clean, i'd say reverse indiglo gauges cuz it seems like the car's gonna be goin dark (black exterior), the blue LED dash conversion would be cool too (search for the thread), get a full exhaust system, or two mufflers at least...tips just dont do anything, try to make mods that do stuff...personally i say change out the whole sytem, go with a GReddy, Apexi or another good catback, get an AEM V2 cold air intake, DC header, i dunno how serious u're gonna get into performance, but those 3 are a good start, go with some red/clear tailights to replace the stocks, no altezza's please...but if the altezza bug bites you, at least get the black housing ones...with a black car they wouldn't look too bad, now if u leave the car the color it is, chrome altezza's wouldn't look too bad on it, but red/clears look the best, as for the kit...so many out there, i still dont know what kinda kit im getting yet so i cant give too much advise on that one, but whatever you do stay away from that played out ass WW kit, be original. If there was a C-West 1 kit for the 6th gens i'd be all over that, but the phuckers dont make one :-\ sons of bitches, anyway, when getting a kit just pick something clean, but dont let other people try to dictate what u get. I hope you like my suggestions, but they are only suggestions, bottom line, do whatever you want it's your car and if u like it, that's all that matters..good luck and welcome to the 6th gen squad son

here's a picture of my baby..2000 honda accord EX VIS racing CF hood, sparco hood pins, 17x7.5 Volk Racing SE37K wheels, 215/45ZR17 Nitto Neo Gen tires, Ground control coilovers, Tokico Illumina shocks, GReddy Evolution Catback Exhaust, DIY black housing headlights, DIY smoked red/clear tails (not on yet, DIY all red tails now), indiglo guages...coming soon...Recaro SRD seats, sparco harnesses, new interior color (black/gray) AEM V2 cold air intake, DC sports header, UR pulleys, HID's, torque convertor, engine buildup and turbo, carbon fiber fenders, and trunk lid, still deciding on the kit, then it'll all be painted Arctic Blue Pearl...then im gonna buy an Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX, jdm it back to an accord and have a 6th and 7th gen accord peacE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
AccordPins(1).jpg (460.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg
AccordPins(3).jpg (186.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 02-02-2004, 12:04 PM
AccoRdvtecEX

yep... go with WW lip kit, and dont get the angel eyes... i had em, insurance bought me my JDM accord headlights instead of replacing after my accident. xD
Old 02-05-2004, 05:47 PM
SnP2k

Nice, I think the 6th gens are the best. Anyone know of a good place to get headlights (preferably online). Sounddomain has a few, but not a great selection for a '98 Accord Sedan. I'm not a big fan of the black rims, Gunmetal and silver rims look the best. I'm not much of a fan of the CF hoods. The black rims make them look dirty, or even worse, they look like they're missing hub caps. As for the CF hoods, they look sloppy on a majority of cars. They look OK on only a few with the right color. But hey, that's my opinion, saves me about $400 for the hood . My greatest fear of modifying my car is getting into an accident...all that hard work ruined! Although I haven't gotten into an accident the entire time I've owned the car (since 1998). A few bastards rear-ended me, but minimal damage, ended up taking a check for about $200. In fact, that's the original paint job that came with the car when I bought it.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:34 PM
ODUB
Banned

lol yeah the black and cf look good now i think, but they'll look better once i repaint. i dunno what u're goin for tho, performance or show...the main reason i got the wheels is for performance...Volk forged wheels 17x7.5 only 14lbs each...cf hood a whole hell of a lot lighter than stock (and somebody hit my car ****ed up my stock hood so the cf one was free ) Check with your insurance company tho...im with state farm and my agent told me that as long as it's a permenant item on the car, like the hood, wheels, kit, anything bolted to the car, the insurance will cover it in an accident. I just have to make sure i hang onto the reciepts for everything. what kinda headlights are you looking for? there aren't many styles that look good on our cars...TYC makes the only projectors that look good if that's what u're looking for...other than that, DIY clear or black housing is the best way to go (i went with DIY black) good luck with the car, just remember that chrome is not your friend...holla
Old 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
polakatl

Thats what I want. www.buddyclub2.com

Old 02-05-2004, 08:47 PM
ODUB
Banned

noooooooooooo you cant take my kit lol
Old 02-06-2004, 08:27 AM
polakatl

didin't I introduce u to this kit ODUB?? Well if i did than back up off my shitt LOL
Just playing man, its a really nice kit for the accords. I'm suprised noone has it here on HAN.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:38 AM
SnP2k

yeah, that kit looks sick, however, I'm looking more into the cheaper and more inconspicuous lip kits. I'm with Peerless Insurance. My insurance is so cheap compared to other insurance co. that can either be due to my lack of accidents or the fact that the car is all stock except for brand new speakers (about 3 weeks ago). I really don't need any performance upgrades to the car, the thing's already got 200HP, I never use all that power, the car has enough acceleration power too, I can peel out very easily, and although I haven't done any burn outs, I can imagine the car would be able to do a nice one.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:22 PM
ODUB
Banned

lol never use all the power? well can i borrow some? we come two totally different worlds then...i've got a 4cyl and use all of mine and then keep pushin lol if u're lookin for a lip kit, the only one that really looks okay is the WW kit...but it's so played out...anyway good luck with the car main
Old 02-06-2004, 09:06 PM
SnP2k

Well, with an I4, most people would need performance upgrades to keep up with traffic. haha, no offense.