Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering springs and insurance :(

Old 12-04-2003, 09:52 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by b_dyche
Let's not even open up the can of worms with this...

All I have to say is I managed. I moved out when I was 18, worked 2 jobs, went to school 22 credits, made all my bills (car payments, insurance on multiple vehicles, rent, utilities, tuition, cell phone, internet, etc.) and still took my girl out a couple nights a week. It all comes down to how much you really want it. If you want something bad enough, you will find away to afford it. Mom & dad can't always make their own bills, and I live on the opposite side of the country, yet I help them out. So please, don't talk about having your stuff payed for, it really causes you to lose a lot of respect around here, because you really don't appreciate anything until you have to work for it.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Not hating, just being real... better for me (a nice guy) to respond to this than someone who is a notorious prick...
you couldn't have said it better. I lost respect when I posted pics of my car back in Jan., and my blood starts to boil whenever I see threads like this
Old 12-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Jack the Ripper
Banned

Originally posted by b_dyche
Let's not even open up the can of worms with this...

All I have to say is I managed. I moved out when I was 18, worked 2 jobs, went to school 22 credits, made all my bills (car payments, insurance on multiple vehicles, rent, utilities, tuition, cell phone, internet, etc.) and still took my girl out a couple nights a week. It all comes down to how much you really want it. If you want something bad enough, you will find away to afford it. Mom & dad can't always make their own bills, and I live on the opposite side of the country, yet I help them out. So please, don't talk about having your stuff payed for, it really causes you to lose a lot of respect around here, because you really don't appreciate anything until you have to work for it.

Thats what I am talking about.

You have worked your ass off to get where you are. You respect things you have and earned them.

Much props to you man.

I work my job. go to school, help my mother with her house, and pay my insurance (my car is paid off) may not look the best BUT ITS MINE. Any mods I do I save the money for and get them done when I can. if somehting more importain come sup the car can wait as long as its in good running order.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:46 PM
20accord01
2001 4dr accord

to all the people who were kicked to the curb because of their god damn parents thats great that your on your own and making it. Im not knockin ya but it gives no right to you to knock anyone else and think your better than them. By you saying that i have the easy way blah blah blah it seems an awful lot like jealousy.... Maybe just more resentment for the fact that your parents cant afford or care to buy you a car and let you stay at home. Right now i have a full college schedule and work part time. My parents want me to work as a side job just to learn the value of money and get some work experience. They dont want me to work full time get shitty grades and end up dropping out. If your able to manage school, work and other shit "go you" , seriously what do you want, me to give my car back to my parents? lol your stupid for even trying to argue. I have been blessed yet you resent that and are very bitter at the fact that you have to work harder for your shit. Im sorry dude thats how the world works and if you havent realized that yet than maybe you arent as mature as you think okay pal? So AGAIN stfu and if you dont have thing pertaining to the topic at hand ( which is lowering springs if you had forgot) than dont say shit please.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:49 PM
20accord01
2001 4dr accord

Originally posted by Jack the Ripper
Thats what I am talking about.

You have worked your ass off to get where you are. You respect things you have and earned them.

Much props to you man.

I work my job. go to school, help my mother with her house, and pay my insurance (my car is paid off) may not look the best BUT ITS MINE. Any mods I do I save the money for and get them done when I can. if somehting more importain come sup the car can wait as long as its in good running order.
Man seriously what do you want, a god damn medal? I think thats great but still you have no right to judge anyone and by you judging me you sound bitter, ignorant, jealous and just idiotic.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:52 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

oh yeah, just noticed you had a sixth gen. Get H&R Sports! they have a 1.5"F/1.2"R drop, and you most likely won't need a rear camber kit. They are a little stiffer the Eibach Prokit's, but the 6th gen application of the Pro-Kits have problems with sagging down the road.

I would also get aftermarket shocks at the same time so you won't have to deal with replacing blown OEM shocks from a 2 year old car later on...

I plan to get H&R Sports and Neuspeed-Koni Yellows next summer after I've had a good amount of Autocrossing seat time...
Old 12-04-2003, 11:56 PM
20accord01
2001 4dr accord

lol sonofabitch, i really could care less how many of you worked full time, went to school full time, helped your parents, supported peta, gave food to bums, sucked dick, prostituted on the weekends whatever i didnt come here for the value of money lecture and how i dont really want stuff so i ask my parents. If i really wanted something i would buy it myself. Honestly i dont feel like im spoiled you know why? Well in my family its not uncommon for us "kids" to get cars. My sister and step sisters both got 2002 ford escapes when they turned 20, my step brother and myself both got 2001 honda accords when we were 17, my mom jjust got a new tahoe, my step mom got a new expedition, my dads new wife just got an s430 and other ones. Im not here to brag about my shit, i think its tacky and unnecessary but even still beyond all the cars and cash my dad has i am still level headed, and understanding of the value and hard work that goes into supporting yourself. Many of you would say im spoiled where as some of you guys have similar situations as myself. This is how the world works, if your parents have money your bound to get a car from them. If your parents dont then obviously you wont. Were you expecting me to return my car because i feel bad for you guys and want to earn things the hard way by putting myself into huge amounts of debt and other problems? HELL NO, you know if you had the opportunity to get a car and were able to stay home you would take it in a heart beat and that is what shows that you are no better than me. The only difference between me and you is that your forced to work for what you want i just get it and appreciate it all the same.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:57 PM
20accord01
2001 4dr accord

Originally posted by LX4CYL
oh yeah, just noticed you had a sixth gen. Get H&R Sports! they have a 1.5"F/1.2"R drop, and you most likely won't need a rear camber kit. They are a little stiffer the Eibach Prokit's, but the 6th gen application of the Pro-Kits have problems with sagging down the road.

I would also get aftermarket shocks at the same time so you won't have to deal with replacing blown OEM shocks from a 2 year old car later on...

I plan to get H&R Sports and Neuspeed-Koni Yellows next summer after I've had a good amount of Autocrossing seat time...
thats what i was planning on, this online retailer has h&rs for $127 shipped.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:58 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally posted by 20accord01
thats what i was planning on, this online retailer has h&rs for $127 shipped.
which one? lowest price I could find was $149 at optauto.com
Old 12-05-2003, 12:01 AM
20accord01
2001 4dr accord

Originally posted by tommytoes
Hey this is not an ad so don't think I'm promoting these guys...I'm just trying to share a deal I got...

I've been searching for springs at a good price (since I can't afford full coil-overs) and I found these guys...

Well enough about my situation...

They have almost every H&R springs set for 127 shipped!!...
not some bootleg ass springs...we're talking H&R here..
sport and race
Check it out..

www.howbarmotorsports.com

They also have friendly service!!

Now like I said I'm not trying to promote these guys but hey a good deal is worth spreading..and I haven't seen any other web site that can match them...if you find one....by all means post it here..

By the way.. I ordered mine saturday.:thumbup:

Note: on the online ordering.. it added another $12.51 for shipping but I added a note in the "specific instructions" box they have and they corrected it right away
Old 12-05-2003, 12:05 AM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Anyone wanna box? Damn seriously cheer up. Its the holidays. Respect this respect that. :blah: You get NO respect if you start raggin on someones else period. If the whole board is against you its time to STFU and enjoy some damn christmas ham that you probably bought yourself. O0o0h my mom bought my christmas ham, does that mean I dont have "real" respect for it. Grow up. Oh nevermind, you seem already grown up since you paid for things out of your own pocket.

Someone close this shiet. *ahem* Oxy *ahem*