Notices

can somebody pleease help

Old 11-29-2003, 10:47 PM
uclaccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can somebody pleease help

ok...kind of a repost...but this is more direct...what do i need to replace my drum brakes...like for disc ==> rotors/pads...i think they bad/worn out
or what exactly would i need to do and buy for the drum/disc conversion...i know i can search...and i will after this...but since i posted the question about replacing the drums...i figured i'd toss that in
first question is my main question...plz help w/ this
Old 11-29-2003, 11:11 PM
92lx

What year Accord, if it's a 90-97 year, I have the full swap for sale.

You need the entire rear suspension of a disk car, the e-brake cables, the master cylinder, the proportioning valve or two adjustable ones (yes, you need these if you want this to be an actual upgrade, not a downgrade). To make it a short list, Every single part would be rather long....but that's pretty much it. You'll need to remove the ABS sensors, and you won't want to hook up the ABS unit as it'll be a nightmare and far from worth it.

- Nathan
Old 11-30-2003, 10:53 AM
MeiSoSlow
WEEEEE!!!!!

If you are just doing a Brake pad change all you need are the new pads and the drums. Make sure to turn the drum b4 putting it on the car just to make sure that its not messed up in anyway. If spings and retaining clips look a lil worn then you can replace them if you want. Other then that, just remember to put everything back in the reverse order that you took them off.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:12 PM
uclaccord

'92...i don't really want a full drum => disc conversion...was just a lil curious...mostly, i just wanna know what i need to fix my existing drums...so i get drums and pads...any suggestions on what to get?...is the install that simple?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

95% of stopping power comes from the front brakes. don't see the point
Old 12-03-2003, 05:12 PM
MeiSoSlow
WEEEEE!!!!!

Ehh, more like far from. Try if you got someone there who knows what they are doing. Replacing the pads are easy. Getting past all the springs and puting back in correctly is the hardest part. Plus you need special tools to remove and replace the springs.:thumbup:
Old 12-04-2003, 01:06 PM
uclaccord

hmmm...well then...maybe i'll just leave it if it's too much trouble...cuz i got new rotors/pads for the front...the rotors were warped so that helped
Old 12-04-2003, 05:46 PM
MeiSoSlow
WEEEEE!!!!!

hehe, Find a small shop you trust and have them do it. It cost's around 130 over here but I dunno about Cali. I wouldn't go all fancy with parts for the rear drum. OEM parts work fine and like it was mentioned earlier, 75-95% of the stopping power lies in the front rotors and pads. I replaced my fronts and was thinken about the rear as well. Too bad 92lx's set up is for a 5th gen. I'd drop my rear drums in a heart beat if I had the oppotunity and money.