Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Absolute BS!

Old 11-17-2003, 06:34 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolute BS!

SECOND TICKET for my WS Exhaust. ****ing bullshit!

Cop says "you can hear that thing a mile away"

My ass!

He looked like a little imbred marine with little guy syndrome...

And then he has the nerve to tell me that i'm making his night hard..... must be writting a ticket is harder than stuffing donuts in his face....

****ing asshole!
Old 11-17-2003, 06:46 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Damn man, that's a rip. I was so 'noid about my exhaust that I had em put 2 resonators on:happysad:
Old 11-17-2003, 07:02 PM
uclaccord

get a dB reading...i think if they can't do that...then they have no case and u have no tix
Old 11-18-2003, 02:29 PM
carta79
Life after death

I thought the WS was one of the less audible exhaust out there, wtf. My exhaust is pretty loud and it's also the only thing I haven't got a ticket for. That cop was an asshole. Here take two of these and call me in the morning.
:chuckles:
Old 11-18-2003, 02:49 PM
PrometheusX
Bolt-on Performance King

Yes, yes that is BS. The Apexi WS is one of the most quiet exhausts I know. If I were you I would get a court date and then have a db reading done on on your exhaust and go to court and fight the ticket. That is complete utter BS.
Sorry to hear that.

If it makes you feel better I got a reckless driving ticket in a parking lot for doing 15mph. The SCHOOL cop said, "It LOOKS like you were going pretty fast!" FOOL

:madfawk: stupid cops got nuttin better to do
Old 11-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

That sucks man....

Getting a dB reading won't do you any good. New York state law states that any exhaust that is not stock is illegal. :angry:

I got pulled over my first day home for the summer because my front plate was off....stupid bitch gave me a $60 dollar ticket and said "your lucky one of my fellow officers didn't catch you or you'd have a ticket for your exhaust as well." :madfawk:
Old 11-18-2003, 03:21 PM
PrometheusX
Bolt-on Performance King

Oh that would make sense. I live in Utah cops here don't really seem to care as much bout exhausts and liscence plates. Even though if you get a parking ticket and you dont have a plate on the front they ticket you 10 bucks. But it's easy to get out of.

Old 11-18-2003, 03:33 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, db test wont do a thing... anything aftermarket or modified before or including the muffler is illegal. Which is ****ed up, because technically a Midas or other "replacement" exhaust is aftermarket, making them "illegal" as well.

So basically in NY, we can put a tip (or tips) on the stock muffler and call it a day.

I'm gonna come up with something new... im sick of getting tickets for something that isnt even loud. At an idle, I can hear the intake sucking air over the sound of the muffler, and thats standing near the REAR of the car!! Ridiculous.

BTW- If I took 2 paxil, i'd be trippin face... only one a day.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

damn, you guys have some shitty laws. Around here almost everybody has their truck straight piped, and cops don't say a word. Of course I live in BFE, and home of the largest white trash population in the country.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:55 PM
polakatl

U guys up north have it bad. Down here in GA u have to be plane stupid to get an exhaust ticket. I'v heard trucks and mustangs that sounded like they had no mufflers at all. I also think some counties here don't require emissions testing wich helps the rednecks out a lot.