Notices

American in Europe

Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 PM
SRT_Andy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by supermac88
lame lame lame don't say air power it just screams gheyness
I've been in the Air Force for 7 years now and love every day I get to serve. Don't speak of what you don't know about.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:32 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ManInCamo
AIR POWER
w00t!
My wife and I (well, I was - still inactive reserve) are AF too.

Where did you come from state-side?

you'll love Germany. I went to Italy for about 3 months and it was awesome!

Welcome to the board man!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:35 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Originally posted by supermac88
Don't you ever say that again I make fun of all the Chair Force guys about that lame shit, I mean come on that is even worse than HOOAH wich is just a rip off of the Marines OOHRAA... lame lame lame don't say air power it just screams gheyness
Dude, I liked you until now. :down:

What's the point of arguing about which service is better? Especially with the most recent world events. You sir, are petty.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:46 PM
incublinkus
JDM Fan Boy

Yeah dude, it doesn't matter what branch you serve in, we're all American's don't be an A-hole.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:04 AM
cmndr

Hey westcoaststyle, I am just like you! A dependant still in the inactive reserve. It feels kinda wierd because no matter how long you have been out, you still feel like you are part of it. Maybe it is that understanding of ture patriotism that was beat into us for 6 weeks in San Antonio. Or maybe it is because our wives are still in it. Thanks for your service man and thanks to you too SleeperCivicEX. You staying in for the long haul? Had I stayed in I would be coming up on 7 years right now!
Where we are in Europe isn't that great. I know that everyone says it is, but where we are we don't have a BX or Commissary or anything like that. No one helps us set up our German Utilities or anything like that. So I had to learn German out of necessity. When you go to Ramstein they have a Little America down there. But yes Italy is awesome. And Germany is too don't get me wrong. I've just been here since 2000 and getting a little homesick. We came from Tinker (both of us AWACS) and I am sure we will be back there after this.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:40 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

:thumbup:

I hear ya. I get made fun of all the time by ~ehem~ SLEEPER cause Personnel f'd up and gave me an active reserve card so it makes it look like I'm still active.

I miss it because of the patriotism, but I don't miss the politics.

I got to go snowboarding in the Alps, to Rome twice, to Venice, to Verona and got to drink all the wine I wanted. Ahhh... good times.. good times.

Any possibility you're heading home anytime soon?
Old 10-10-2003, 04:06 PM
SRT_Andy

I was a dependent in Wittlich, Germany and lived there from 89-93. I didn't like it at first, but once I made some local friends and they taught me some necessary language skills, life was great! Enjoy it while you're over there!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:04 AM
cmndr

That's cool. Yea we are headed home next summer. We tried to extend but like you MPF f'd up the extention. I think the worst part is the people where we are. They don't like Americans, don't like the loud AWACS, and want us gone. They all speak English and won't because they are just rude. It is like they are all depressed and angry. I've been to other parts and everyone is really nice. As for the politics, I hated that too. I can't believe how much there is. And Sleeper, my son was born down there in Bitburg. I'll bet that was a nice place to be. Would've liked to spend a little quality time in the car along those mountain roads. It definately took getting used to. But yea learning the language really helped too.
So where are you guys at?
Old 10-11-2003, 08:00 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Sleeper and I are at Gunter Annex. He's from a small town in AL and I'm from AZ. I hate it here and so does my wife. My wife is on an AECP scholorship right now and in nursing school. When she graduates in about 6 months she'll be an O1E and we'll be moving to who-knows-where. We're hoping for CO cause we have land there and that's where my parents have retired to.

Sounds like you're doing well man. Stay safe over there and if you need anything from us, don't hesitate.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:36 AM
cmndr

Hey thanks man. Well at least Sleeper is close to home. I did tech school at Keesler hated that too. I'm from Dallas and my wife is from Kansas so when we were at Tinker it was good for the family being right in between. Man that O1E bit will be nice. Thought about doing that myself. Thanks for the welcome and if you guys ever come my way or ever want some EDM stuff let me know.