Notices

b18b1 vs type r .. road course

Old 09-13-2003, 07:54 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mishima_beef
even tho my dad is paying for most if not all of the swap.. should i tell him to hold off for a bit?

what do u recommend i do with the car before autocross if anything? falken azenis? or absolutely stock?
No point in spending money if youre just trying to get a feel for the car. Although H-stock allows R-compound tires in a stock size, aftermarket shocks (just so long as the ride hight is unchanged), and aftermarket brake pads(which you won't need in your stock CX). If I were you, I'd just leave the car the way it is, and go to at least a few autocrosses before you touch anything. You'll know much better what kind of modifications you want once you figure out what suits your driving style. Nothing wrong with racing stock, I did it two seasons :exnbp: h:

:edit: youre a bastard. Tell your dad I need a swap more than you! :fawk:
Old 09-13-2003, 08:37 PM
mishima_beef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:fawk:

haha..

ok so this is my plan.. autocross in h class for a while with 14 inch falken azenis on steelies.. AGX kyb shocks (question: what do shocks help? if i keep stock ride height?) and maybe some aem brake pads..

take some classes.. autocross for a while.. then later smack on a NICE setup

any thoughts?
Old 09-13-2003, 08:44 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

:fawk:

haha..

ok so this is my plan.. autocross in h class for a while with 14 inch falken azenis on steelies.. AGX kyb shocks (question: what do shocks help? if i keep stock ride height?) and maybe some aem brake pads..

take some classes.. autocross for a while.. then later smack on a NICE setup

any thoughts?
Sounds like a great plan. And BTW shocks do WONDERS for your cars handling, even with stock springs. My car was vastly improved by my koni yellows, even before I got my ground controls. They dampen suspension travel, and reduce body roll. They improve every facet of performance, launching (not that it matters in a CX) and braking and handling. Plus with an adjusable shock, you can also alter the car's handling balance a little.

One thing though... If youve got all this money to spend, I would HIGHLY reccomend Koni Yellows. They are the best shock for civics on the market, IMO, and I'm very impressed with mine, having ridden on a few others.

:edit: I would also not bother with the brake pads until you actually get yourself some REAL brakes (i.e. teg swap, bbk). I usually only need to touch the brakes once or twice on the course in my VX, and your CX is even slower. Stock will be fine for now.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:48 PM
mishima_beef

Originally posted by Sh*tBox
launching (not that it matters in a CX)
:chuckles:

ok and about the koni yellows vs AGX kyb shocks (is that even the right name i cant remember if its AGX) i have only heard good things about those shocks but barely anything about koni yellows..

what was ur setup when u used em?

so other than the previously stated items.. i cant do anything else to the car performance-wise that will allow me to stay in the lowest class? (h class?)

edit: point taken on the brakes
Old 09-13-2003, 08:54 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

:chuckles:

ok and about the koni yellows vs AGX kyb shocks (is that even the right name i cant remember if its AGX) i have only heard good things about those shocks but barely anything about koni yellows..

what was ur setup when u used em?

so other than the previously stated items.. i cant do anything else to the car performance-wise that will allow me to stay in the lowest class? (h class?)

edit: point taken on the brakes
KYB AGX are pretty nice shocks, and plenty of people here use them, but Koni Yellows are quite a bit better. Most of the most competitive racers (at least in the Honda/Acura crowd) use Koni Yellows. Do a search, and you'll probably find plenty of info.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:56 PM
mishima_beef

k.. koni yellows it is :thumbup:
falken azenis come in 14 inches? im gonna do a search on the net..
Old 09-14-2003, 05:27 AM
Wharbone

Koni Yellows>KYB AGX's
Old 09-14-2003, 12:18 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

k.. koni yellows it is :thumbup:
falken azenis come in 14 inches? im gonna do a search on the net..
yup, their 195/60/14 will fit your steelies.