Notices

bleeding clutch in civic

Old 03-16-2006, 04:35 PM
EricsLSHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bleeding clutch in civic

i just bought a new master and slave cylinder and i wanna know how to properly bleed the clutch because i already installed the cylinders and obviously the lines are full of air. i tried to bleed the system but the clutch still doesnt seem tight at all. how do i properly do it so my clutch can be tight as possible???
Old 03-16-2006, 05:00 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need 2 people. One to pump, retract the pedal and the other to open/close the valve on the slave cylinder and add more fluid when it gets low.

It's pretty simple. Just pump, pump, pump, hold - open the valve, close the valve. Pull the pedal back and repeat checking the reservoir to be sure it's not getting too low and refilling when necessary.

That's it.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:05 PM
SIdogg

Where do you find the clutch Bleeder valve.. I know its at/by the bell housing btwn engine & transmission, but hard to find with everything else in the engine compartment.
Is it easier to get to from the top, or from underneath the car?? If anyone can point it out.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:19 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

The bleeder valve is on the slave cylinder. It's the front-most part of the transmission (not part of the tranny, bolted to it). It's just to the left of the header if looking at it from the front of the car. From the same position, the bleeder valve is on the right-most part of the slave cylinder.

The right-most part of this:
Old 03-17-2006, 11:36 AM
EricsLSHonda

damn haha everything ive been told so far ive either alreayd known or ive done. is there neway to tighten your clutch after bleeding it??? cause i have some play in my clutch pedal and it doesnt seem right. there just doesnt seem like there is a lot of clutch pressure.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:48 AM
fathergoat
:3

if you connect a hose from the bleeder valve to a bottle with some fluid in it you'll keep from sucking in air when you let off the pedal making the job alot easier.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:20 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Originally Posted by EricsLSHonda
damn haha everything ive been told so far ive either alreayd known or ive done. is there neway to tighten your clutch after bleeding it??? cause i have some play in my clutch pedal and it doesnt seem right. there just doesnt seem like there is a lot of clutch pressure.
Not really. There's an adjustment bolt at the pedal, but I never touched it in the 6 years I had my Civic. If the clutch is bled correctly and there are no leaks with properly functioning master and slave cylinders then it's as good as it's going to get.