Notices

5th gen leave light on problem

Old 09-04-2002, 08:37 AM
frank
frank from canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th gen leave light on problem

hey for all you 5th gen owners, do you have a buzzer or an aftermarket tweak you did to alert you when you've left your lights on? cause i'm normally good at turning my lights off but yesterday i forgot again and
i know some people sell instructions or have a buzzing fuse they sell on ebay. what do you guys do and how do you do it.? thanks
Old 09-04-2002, 08:47 AM
crucial Si
Banned

i use to forget alot when i first got the civic....on my accord i had b4 had it so i was use to hearing it...i just made it a habit of shuting off my lights b4 anything.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:47 AM
VTEC

http://civic.vtec.net/modific/94ex.htm#Headlight

http://civic.vtec.net/modific/94ex.htm#Headlight2
Old 09-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, I used to do that too when I first got my Civic, did it twice, no more. I just have this mindless routine now, get in car, put on seatbelt, get out of car, check to turn off light (even if it's not on). The buzzer is pretty simple mod though, they also sell 'kits' on eBay, but I don't know about paying that much $ for radio shack parts you can do yourself.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-04-2002, 06:59 PM
frank
frank from canada

yeah it was my second time doing it too. i don't know why i didn't check, i started gettign all paranoid the first time i did it and kept on checking after that, but this time maybe it was just too light out and i also just turned the light on cause i went through a undergroudn parkign lot so i guess i just forgot., i see the radio shack parts and thinking of doing it but then they don't see that part anymore and i'd have to go to lengths to get it shipped in or somethign. tahnsk for your responses though
Old 01-26-2003, 12:04 PM
dwnthehatch

Radio Shack sells about 5 different types of buzzers. The buzzer really got on my nerves so I bought the chime. Here's a pic of each one. The chime has three wires. Blue/Black/Red. If you look at the wiring diagram on the back of the package the blue and black should be wired together. The buzzer is $2.99, the chime is $6.99. The buzzer is 76 dB and the chime is 75 dB.

I found this picture on HT that shows how to wire it up.

Heres a audio clip of the chime I installed.

Right click and choose "save target as"

http://www.geocities.com/dwnthehatch/mov00438.mpg
Old 01-26-2003, 12:16 PM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

Originally posted by dwnthehatch
Radio Shack sells about 5 different types of buzzers. The buzzer really got on my nerves so I bought the chime. Here's a pic of each one. The chime has three wires. Blue/Black/Red. If you look at the wiring diagram on the back of the package the blue and black should be wired together. The buzzer is $2.99, the chime is $6.99. The buzzer is 76 dB and the chime is 75 dB.
I've been looking for a chime this pleasant for awhile now. Looks like my searching is finished. :thumbup: I still have nightnmares about the shift up buzzer on my RX-7 and didn't want to replicate it when I left my lights on in the hatchie. I've killed my battery twice now, looks like a trip to Radihoe Shack is in order.