Notices

Just Wondering ???

Old 11-23-2004, 05:43 PM
1jz gte_ jza70
rhd the only way to be!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any thing will fit depending on how deep your wallet is lol and as for putting a 4g63 or a 4g61 id rather go sr20det i know most of you are thinking how is this possiable or those of you who dont know about nissan well in japan the nissan pulsar gti came with an sr20det but they call it the blue bird motor its set of as front wheel drive some of the gti's if im not mistaken came 4wd if some one could retrofit pulsar gti awd parts to a civic hatch with an sr that would be pretty sweet but im sure no one will be attempting this any time soon. well the retrofiting of parts any ways me and a bunch of friends are working on the sr in to an eg as we speak its interesting so far but we'll see what happens.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:02 AM
jdmSiR95
zzzzzzzzz....

Originally Posted by 1jz gte_ jza70
any thing will fit depending on how deep your wallet is lol and as for putting a 4g63 or a 4g61 id rather go sr20det i know most of you are thinking how is this possiable or those of you who dont know about nissan well in japan the nissan pulsar gti came with an sr20det but they call it the blue bird motor its set of as front wheel drive some of the gti's if im not mistaken came 4wd if some one could retrofit pulsar gti awd parts to a civic hatch with an sr that would be pretty sweet but im sure no one will be attempting this any time soon. well the retrofiting of parts any ways me and a bunch of friends are working on the sr in to an eg as we speak its interesting so far but we'll see what happens.

Over here we get sunny/pulsar GTiRs but all come in 4x4 2.0 turbo..

Only front wheel drive ones over here are 2.0gti non turbo

It would be nice to see a turbo 4x4 civic!!!!!!!!

some pics of your project maybe?
Old 11-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by 1jz gte_ jza70
I have heard nasty things about the sr20det front wheel drive tranny, but I would love to see some pics of your progress....:yes:
Old 11-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Pics!!!! :wopics:
Old 11-28-2004, 01:03 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

my friends 200sx has an sr20....wait...they came with those stock lol
Old 11-28-2004, 08:34 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by Jafro
Some 1994-1996 Hyundai Elantras

so wait a minute... I can get one of these utter POS cars and swap a dsm turbo engine into it with no problems? (other than reliability :db: )

:devious thoughts:
Old 11-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Originally Posted by 18secFerio
so wait a minute... I can get one of these utter POS cars and swap a dsm turbo engine into it with no problems? (other than reliability :db: )

:devious thoughts:
Not only can you, it's nearly a bolt-on affair. You just need to run a turbo harness with a MPI relay, install a walbro fuel pump, upgrade the brakes and front control arms from a Galant VR-4 (or a Expo LRV, shhh..... plus the wheels that fit over them), get one axle shortened. The whole drivetrain bolts right in. It's a tight fit, but a good one. Visit www.4g61t.com for more info.

I have a close friend bolting a 4g63NA in a '90 mirage hatch. He's nearly finished with it. He's going to run a 100 shot. There are a couple of other people working on that same sort of swap. Lots of guys with the rare turbo Mirage/Colt's swap the 2.0L 4g63 in place of the 4g61 because the don't have to modify anything else. They come with the big brakes and wired for the turbo ECU.

One of the guys at www.ongreenperformance.com is doing it, too (project old school). Bill T. From E.T. Motorsports is another Mirage Hatch guru. There's a Hyundai Accent AWD that runs high 8's... I forget where I saw the video...
Old 11-29-2004, 03:35 PM
1jz gte_ jza70

working on getting a digital cam along with working on the car cuz dipshit tony wasent paying attention and accidently smashed the cam gerrrrr christmas is coming soon so maby ill get one then
Old 11-29-2004, 04:36 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by Jafro
There's a Hyundai Accent AWD that runs high 8's... I forget where I saw the video...
ultimate sleeper. The only thing better would be a geo metro
Old 11-30-2004, 03:09 PM
1jz gte_ jza70

in a rag not to long ago forgot which one someone broke 130mph i think it was, in a geo metro i laughed at the thought.