Notices

Decisions, decisions...

Old 05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Dubs
Just wait...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions, decisions...

Alright guys here it is...my decision.

I'm going to college in the fall, and I'm trying to decide what to do with my car.

Swap vs. Street Bike

I have always wanted a swap, but after a party I threw and got busted for(hundred ppl, parents house, lots and lots of alchohol), plans kinda stopped. Have to wait till I'm 18. And I will be in the fall. So I was planning on saving/buying/installing the swap this summer (B18 or B16, semi built, turbo in the future). But recently I have become VERY interested in bikes. I have been thinking a lot about getting one. But since I'm not rich I have to choose. I have been looking at a used CBR600RR ( yay for Honda ) or mabye an older R1. The swap and the bikes run around the same price so it's a big decision for me.

I don't know what to do. I think the bike would be a hell of a lot of fun, but the insurance along with the insurance for my car might be too much. The swap would also kick ass and would be fun. But might not be as reliable. The bike also gets kick-ass gas mileage. BUT I think I would wait till summer 2005 to get the bike since I'll be 18 and wont have to take classes. The swap would kick ass and def give me bragging rights with the guys. I duno what to do. I have been wanting the swap forever, but the call of the open road on a quick and nimble 2-wheeler sounds very tempting....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 03:38 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

I'd say go for the swap. Right now you have your car that you have been working on for a while now I can tell. If you've always wanted one, go for it I say. Getting a bike is asking for trouble in my opinion. Speeding tickets to wreckless driving, or even wrecking and killing yourself. Personally I would vote for the swap, best bang for the buck in my opinion. HIH :thumbup:
Old 05-05-2004, 03:40 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

s w a p
Old 05-05-2004, 03:54 PM
93DelSolSi
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

i would have to say the swap, if you seem more interested in the bike then go for that then the swap for sure
Old 05-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Dubs
Just wait...

I think I'm leaning towards a swap...the whole danger issue of a bike is freakin me out...
Old 05-05-2004, 04:46 PM
93DelSolSi
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

lol, yeah i have some stories myself....not good......
Old 05-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Iairj84

Hey man, I would first figure out what YOU want... Everyone here can tell you what they would do, but if you arent doin what would make you happy then it doesnt matter. A swap is almost always a good thing, but a bike is cool too, i have a buddy with a new sport bike, soooo quick... but anyway, figure it out and dont waste your money on something that you dont really want... Just my .02
Old 05-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Spood
Sucka

Consider that the bike is only good in the summer...and only during good summer weather at that. The car you can use year-round. If you lived in like...Arizona...it might be different. I just had the same debate with myself very recently: bike vs. turbo.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:15 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say swap. Like mentioned before it can be used all year round. Plus it's safer.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Civic2Scooby

I say both....:chuckles:

sorry somebody had to.

Quick Reply: Decisions, decisions...