Notices

Sway Bar Install 92 civic

Old 04-12-2004, 01:52 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RST531
I think so, but im not positive, Im just letting you know what I've read.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ighlight=megan

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ighlight=megan

I would suggest getting SRR
where would you get them from and how much?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:17 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Definitly get some mounts and whatnot so you don't tear out your subframe.

I thought it would never happen to me, and it did. But now I have a frankenstein rear mount - with 3/8" diamondback steel plate welded onto the subframe that my rear-sway is mounted to... that thing will outlast my car.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:30 PM
RST531

http://www.perpetualconcepts.com/
Old 04-12-2004, 04:11 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Originally Posted by ManInCamo

I thought it would never happen to me, and it did. But now I have a frankenstein rear mount - with 3/8" diamondback steel plate welded onto the subframe that my rear-sway is mounted to... that thing will outlast my car.
do you have a pic, i am having trouble picturing it
Old 04-12-2004, 04:15 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ManInCamo

he's getting the 14mm rear bar, not the ITR mang I don't think theres much risk of subframe tear out with that dinky bastid.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:19 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Originally Posted by 92eg6
its more like 60 bucks a peice for front LCA's without shipping
Sorry, but if you pay that much for LCAs, you're never gonna get anywhere. Its called looking around you can't just find them over-priced somewhere and resign yourself to it. Did you check the FS forums here? on H-T? Partstrader? Hondaclassifieds? Not to mention local junkyards? You're blowing the LCA problem way out of the water. Getting these things is not the end of the world.

:edit: I would also recommend calling up these Megan racing people and asking them directly if you can replace the bushings in their LCAs w/ ES polyurethane... If so, that would probably make for a pretty decent LCA. ES rear LCA and shock bushing kits will be ~$30 together (you have to get both in order to replace all 3 bushings).
Old 04-14-2004, 09:28 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
Sorry, but if you pay that much for LCAs, you're never gonna get anywhere. Its called looking around you can't just find them over-priced somewhere and resign yourself to it. Did you check the FS forums here? on H-T? Partstrader? Hondaclassifieds? Not to mention local junkyards? You're blowing the LCA problem way out of the water. Getting these things is not the end of the world.

:edit: I would also recommend calling up these Megan racing people and asking them directly if you can replace the bushings in their LCAs w/ ES polyurethane... If so, that would probably make for a pretty decent LCA. ES rear LCA and shock bushing kits will be ~$30 together (you have to get both in order to replace all 3 bushings).
i talked to megan racing, they said there lca's do not even come with bushings that you are supposed to use the stock ones that come with your car, which explains why some peoples might tear, if there bushings are bad, they use the stock bushings hense poly's that are made for your car will fit. says a tech at Megan Racing. so i think i am gonna buy my poly's from nick at Mako Performance cause he has awsome prices, and get the LCA's.
wich will work good. i talked to a local machine shop about cuttin and welding the brackets i am making and they said they will look at the metal , its zinc plated, they said that would be strong enough and they would guarentee there welds to not break, so i am pretty confident in that.

let me know what you all think
Old 04-14-2004, 11:30 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

well if you've got decent bushings, those LCAs should be fine. Let us know how the brackets work out... glad you're getting a decent machine shop to do it... Although I'm curious wether the cost of machining will justify the savings.