Notices

Sway Bar Install 92 civic

Old 04-12-2004, 11:43 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
I think the ST one only works with ST bars... and most people don't really feel comfortable with those ST brackets. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think a few have broken. I would trust a home-brew bracket even less. If you're a good welder, and feel comfortable trusting your car (and maybe you) to your part, go for it. But it can be very dangerous when suspension components break at the wrong time... just a warning.

As for the control arms, what brand are the ebay ones? I would trust SPC, but not a knockoff brand. Also you'll want to look at more places than just HAP... check the F/S forums and junkyards too.

megan racing
Old 04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never heard of them (not a good sign). Do a search on it and see what you come up with.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:53 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

never heard of them (not a good sign). Do a search on it and see what you come up with.
go to www.meganracing.com

i saw some good reviews online about them.

money is really tight right now i just had my son. so i am trying to make my car safer and steadyer for the least amount of money.

worst case senario the bracket breaks and my swaybar disconnects from the LCA and it dont work and prob makes noise on bumps and turns until i take it off.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:35 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 92eg6
worst case senario the bracket breaks and my swaybar disconnects from the LCA and it dont work and prob makes noise on bumps and turns until i take it off.
Thats not even close to wost case. Worst case scenario: it breaks while you're cornering hard (which you will be doing, as an auto enthusiast), instantly unsettles the car mid-corner and sends you sliding off the road or into an oncoming lane.

But like I said, if you trust your handywork, thats your decision. My opinion has always been that its not worth doing if you're not going to do it right. Why the hurry to get these bars on? You may end up spending (a whopping) $50 or so more to do it right... You may need to put off installation for a couple weeks or months, but to me, the peace of mind from doing it right and never having to worry about it again is worth that.

You just seem so gung-ho to get these bars on your car ASAP that you're willing to compromise safety and reliability to do it. Just wait a while till you can do it right. Believe me, I know what its like... I've had my car for almost three years and its nowhere near where I'd like it to be, but thats just the way it works :dunno:

:edit: did you try a HAN and H-T search for those LCAs? Thats where you'll get the most informed and non-biased opinions.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:53 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Thats not even close to wost case. Worst case scenario: it breaks while you're cornering hard (which you will be doing, as an auto enthusiast), instantly unsettles the car mid-corner and sends you sliding off the road or into an oncoming lane.

But like I said, if you trust your handywork, thats your decision. My opinion has always been that its not worth doing if you're not going to do it right. Why the hurry to get these bars on? You may end up spending (a whopping) $50 or so more to do it right... You may need to put off installation for a couple weeks or months, but to me, the peace of mind from doing it right and never having to worry about it again is worth that.

You just seem so gung-ho to get these bars on your car ASAP that you're willing to compromise safety and reliability to do it. Just wait a while till you can do it right. Believe me, I know what its like... I've had my car for almost three years and its nowhere near where I'd like it to be, but thats just the way it works :dunno:

:edit: did you try a HAN and H-T search for those LCAs? Thats where you'll get the most informed and non-biased opinions.
its more like 60 bucks a peice for front LCA's without shipping
Old 04-12-2004, 01:33 PM
RST531

Ive heard that the LCA bushings tear really quickly.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:34 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Originally Posted by RST531
Ive heard that the LCA bushings tear really quickly.
which lca bushings?
Old 04-12-2004, 01:37 PM
RST531

Megan bushings, its in some topic on HAN
Old 04-12-2004, 01:45 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Originally Posted by RST531
Megan bushings, its in some topic on HAN
can't you just replace before you put them on with polys
Old 04-12-2004, 01:51 PM
RST531

I think so, but im not positive, Im just letting you know what I've read.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ighlight=megan

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ighlight=megan

I would suggest getting SRR

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Install 92 civic